Question Status

Verified
Jameson Anyong asked a question on 2 Jul 2013 2:56 AM

Hi,

I am running into an issue with a company in Dynamics GP 2013 that sends out RM statements as text files instead of PDF. The test company running on the same machine will send out PDF statements fine. 

They are not using the template function, statements are set up to send out the standard RM way through the Options button in the Customer card rather than using the email button.

Has anyone run into anything like this before? Is there any setting which tells GP to use a text file when sending out RM statements? I have checked the security settings and the user has the same settings in the live and the test company, but the behavior is still different.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

Jameson

Olly Laos responded on 2 Aug 2013 12:01 PM

I believe this function requires Adobe Acrobat to be located where the GP client is. When you say "Test company running on the same machine" I presume you are referring to the server?

MansoorNaqvi responded on 1 Nov 2013 2:19 PM

I have same problem, not sure how to fix this.

carolhwasha responded on 1 Jan 2014 9:40 PM

I also have the same issue, please post the solution that you used to resolve this issue. This functionality was tested successfully and then all of a sudden, GP started sending as text instead of PDF.

Suggested Answer
Santosh Gangadhara responded on 1 Jan 2014 9:56 PM

Hi,

please go through the KB Article 859218 for the steps to setup PDF format,

vkbexternal.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/.../ViewContent.aspx

And also Make sure the Adobe Acrobat writer is installed in the Machine where you are running the GP.

Regards,

Santosh G

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 1 Jan 2014 11:44 PM

Make sure  Adobe Acrobat writer is configured in GP Installation machine. If yes, before printing RM Statement, set the default printer as pdf writer on printer setup and destination window.

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | GP Techno-Functional Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

carolhwasha responded on 2 Jan 2014 12:24 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, however it is still sending a text attachment instead of PDF. My PDF writer  is installed, I have an adobe PDF under printers which I have set as default.

To confirm that this PDF is working, if I open a GP report and click send as PDF, it sends correctly in the PDF format.

Any suggestions?

carolhwasha responded on 2 Jan 2014 12:25 AM

Thanks , I will check this now and advise

carolhwasha responded on 2 Jan 2014 12:38 AM

Thanks for the suggestions, those steps have been completed but the system still attaches txt instead of PDF , the system was working in for the past days and then it just started attaching a txt file instead of PDF. I have Adobe Acrobat 9 standard installed and the PDF printer shows on the devises and printers on windows.

Suggested Answer
AESmithBL responded on 7 Jan 2014 8:36 PM

Hi,

We have the same problem after upgraded to GP2013. Very interesting we found that after the upgrade, the majority statement sent with TXT attachment but there were several customers statements sent with PDF.

RobertFa responded on 22 Jan 2014 8:46 AM

I have a client with the exact same issue. Statements were emailing fine in 2010 but after the upgrade to 2013 they only send in txt.  They print normally to the screen and can be sent out from there in pdf but when emailed directly they only go out in txt.

Verified Answer
AESmithBL responded on 22 Jan 2014 3:01 PM

The problem seemed be caused by a new setting introduced by GP2013.

Investigation indicates this is due to record missing in table SY04904 (I believe this is new to version GP2013?).

I notice a record like below need to be created for the statement go out as PDF. Any customer missing a record as below in this table seem to send statement as TXT format attachment.

I also notice that by getting to the ‘Customer Email Option Window’ via Debtor Maintenance Window, ‘Email’ button, even I made no selection , as long as I get in the window, a record in table SY0494 similar to above mentioned for selected customer got created.

Our solution is to insert records according to data in RM00106 excluding what is already exist in SY04904.

Tested resending statement after inserting the records. All fine now

From Brenda at AE Smith

Suggested Answer
Pam Robertson responded on 2 Apr 2014 9:18 AM

Here is the SQL script that we used to insert the records into the SY04904 from the RM00106, and that fixed it for us.  Hope it helps someone else, but check out the settings to be sure they match the options you want:

INSERT INTO [SY04904]

([EmailDictionaryID]

,[EmailSeriesID]

,[EmailCardID]

,[EmailAllowEmbedding]

,[EmailAllowAttachments]

,[AllowMultipleAtt]

,[EmailSetFileSize]

,[EmailMaxFileSize])

SELECT DISTINCT

,CUSTNMBR

from RM00106 where RM00106.CUSTNMBR not in( SELECT  EmailCardID from SY04904)

mebenz responded on 6 May 2014 9:57 AM

We resolved this issue by updating the RM00106 table with missing records but still each month customers are getting txt files emailed.  These are brand new customers created within Dynamics so why aren't these customers being added into the RM00106 table when emailing statements does not use this table?  Why do we have to click on a window to insert a record into a table when we do NOT use the email button to send our statements (we use options > Email statements checkbox)?

Sheilajr responded on 10 Sep 2014 2:16 PM

Thank you Pam Robertson for this answer.  This solved my issues.  A lot better than manually touching hundreds of customer cards.

KJB responded on 1 Oct 2014 5:37 PM

Hi there,

Did you ever solve your problem? We are running GP statements for the first time and they are sending as txt and not pdf.

Thanks.

Karen

Verified Answer
AESmithBL responded on 22 Jan 2014 3:01 PM

The problem seemed be caused by a new setting introduced by GP2013.

Investigation indicates this is due to record missing in table SY04904 (I believe this is new to version GP2013?).

I notice a record like below need to be created for the statement go out as PDF. Any customer missing a record as below in this table seem to send statement as TXT format attachment.

I also notice that by getting to the ‘Customer Email Option Window’ via Debtor Maintenance Window, ‘Email’ button, even I made no selection , as long as I get in the window, a record in table SY0494 similar to above mentioned for selected customer got created.

Our solution is to insert records according to data in RM00106 excluding what is already exist in SY04904.

Tested resending statement after inserting the records. All fine now

From Brenda at AE Smith

Suggested Answer
Santosh Gangadhara responded on 1 Jan 2014 9:56 PM

Hi,

please go through the KB Article 859218 for the steps to setup PDF format,

vkbexternal.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/.../ViewContent.aspx

And also Make sure the Adobe Acrobat writer is installed in the Machine where you are running the GP.

Regards,

Santosh G

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 1 Jan 2014 11:44 PM

Make sure  Adobe Acrobat writer is configured in GP Installation machine. If yes, before printing RM Statement, set the default printer as pdf writer on printer setup and destination window.

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | GP Techno-Functional Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Suggested Answer
AESmithBL responded on 7 Jan 2014 8:36 PM

Hi,

We have the same problem after upgraded to GP2013. Very interesting we found that after the upgrade, the majority statement sent with TXT attachment but there were several customers statements sent with PDF.

Suggested Answer
Pam Robertson responded on 2 Apr 2014 9:18 AM

Here is the SQL script that we used to insert the records into the SY04904 from the RM00106, and that fixed it for us.  Hope it helps someone else, but check out the settings to be sure they match the options you want:

INSERT INTO [SY04904]

([EmailDictionaryID]

,[EmailSeriesID]

,[EmailCardID]

,[EmailAllowEmbedding]

,[EmailAllowAttachments]

,[AllowMultipleAtt]

,[EmailSetFileSize]

,[EmailMaxFileSize])

SELECT DISTINCT

,CUSTNMBR

from RM00106 where RM00106.CUSTNMBR not in( SELECT  EmailCardID from SY04904)