Question Status

Unanswered
Richard Wheeler asked a question on 5 Jul 2013 10:23 AM

I have a GP 10 to GP 2010 I just attempted. We are receiving errors on these four tables. I tried to do the upgrade again after removing bad flags in the DU000030 table plus dropping and recreating these four tables and the issue remains. Any clues on how to proceed from here? The error message is invalid table structures.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Richard L. Whaley responded on 5 Jul 2013 1:19 PM

Are you on the correct service pack of 10 to upgrade?

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

Richard L. Whaley responded on 5 Jul 2013 1:19 PM

Any third party products?

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

Richard Wheeler responded on 5 Jul 2013 1:54 PM

GP 10 SP4 to GP 2010 R2 may not be possible. I may try taking it to GP 10 SP5 first and then to GP 2010 R2(11.00.2044)

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Derek Albaugh responded on 10 Jul 2013 5:53 AM

Hello Richard,

When I see these tables as failing the upgrade, I always think about the account framework setup, as all of these tables have a specific number of columns in them to correspond with the account framework you have setup for Dynamics GP, i.e. number of segments and length of each segment.

Did you run the Account Framework Verification script before attempting the upgrade? This is mentioned in the Dynamics GP 2010 Upgrade guide under the 'Known Issues' section.

If so, and nothing was returned, you can try the following:

1. Close out of Dynamics GP 2010 Utilities.

2. In the GP 2010 install/directory, go into the 'Data' sub-folder and open the Dex.ini file. In the Dex.ini file, change the SYNCHRONIZE=FALSE line to SYNCHRONIZE=TRUE, save changes and close this file.

3. Run this script:  Delete DYNAMICS..DU000030 where Status <> 0 and Status <> 15

4. Launch GP 2010 Utilities again and continue the upgrade of this 'CafeMom' company database.

If it fails on these same tables, go back into the Dex.ini file and verify that the SYNCHRONIZE= line is now set to FALSE. If it is still set to TRUE, the GP 2010 code may be bad and when it doesn't synchronize, it'll look for a default account framework of 5 segments/9 lengths, which will error, obviously, if that isn't the actual account framework you have setup for Dynamics GP.

Other than the above, we'd probably need a support case created, if you haven't already, to look at the structure of these tables.

Thank you,

Richard Wheeler responded on 10 Jul 2013 6:42 AM

You must be on GP 10 SP5 to go to GP 2010 R2. I applied the SP first this time and the rest proceeds normally. I tried to fnd an upgrade path link first but there was none to be found.

Douglas Karel responded on 10 Jul 2013 12:38 PM

This is a link of  another discussion on the topic.   I had this with one of my clients and was caused by an incorrect move of GP data to a new server.   What I had to do to correct the issue was something I do not normally recommend..  That is I had to drop and recreate those four tables in GP10 prior to doing the upgrade.

After recreating the tables, it was necessary to do Tools>Utilities>Financial>Reconcile and reconcile all historical and current years.    Plus you will loose all of the report options for running financial reports, so those would need to be recreated.  

community.dynamics.com/.../91985.aspx

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Karel

SpringThrough Consulting

www.springthrough.com