How can I integrate SharePoint 2010 and MS GP 2010? I need to approve an expense report in SP2010 and then create a payable transaction for the same report in MS GP 2010 automatically.

How can I integrate SharePoint 2010 and MS GP 2010? I need to approve an expense report in SP2010 and then create a payable transaction for the same report in MS GP 2010 automatically.

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi,

Help, please.

First all of, I’m new to MS GP.

I’ m a SharePoint developer with the following requirement:

A user fills an expense request and is approved by his supervisor in SharePoint 2010. This is easy for me using an InfoPath form and a workflow. After the approval, I need to create a payable transaction for the same report in MS GP 2010 automatically. In addition, I need to know the ID for the payable transaction generated. This is kind of hard for me.

In other words, SharePoint tells to MS GP:

I have an approved expense report for this user, now is your turn to create the payable transaction.

How can I do that?

How can I create a payables transaction from SP2010 in MS GP?

I need an example about how to do that; maybe using a web service or an stored procedure. What fields and values I need to create a payable transaction?

What about the General ledger?

Thanks in advanced.

All Replies
  • I have previously worked on a solution, enhancing the capabilities of Info Path, SharePoint and SharePoint Designer to automate a business form. To my knowledge, SharePoint designer stores forms data in "XML" files which can be used to develop a customized solution.

As for General Ledger, the payable document throws the required journal entries in GL, all you need to do is to migrate the data from the info path form to GP.

Although, I would recommend requisition management for such purpose.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

• Hi Mahmoud,

Thanks for replying.

What I need to capture in my InfoPath form in order to create the payable transaction in GP properly?

What fields I need in my InfoPath form?

What is the structure of an AP in MS GP?

What is the best way to migrate my data from InfoPath to GP (eConnect , Integration Manager, GP Web Services)?

Remember, please, I’m new to GP.

Thanks again.