Cash Receipts on Project Invoices

This question is answered

We have just upgraded a client from GP10 to GP2013.   Since the upgrade, they have had an issue with applying cash receipts to project invoices.

Sales>Trx>Cash Reciepts.   Enter a cash receipts and hit apply button.   Invoices originating in Project do not show up, but invoices originating in SOP do show up.  

The current work around is to record the cash receipt unapplied and post.   Then Sales>Trx>Apply Sales Documents.   On this window, Project invoices are available to apply the cash receipts to.   

What can be done to get Project Invoices on the Cash Receipts apply window?

Many thanks

Warren.

Verified Answer
  • Okay, got an answer on this.  

Basically it is a bug in GP2013.   When PA inserts records in RM20101, it includes a the functional currency even if MC is not activated.   The Apply from the Cash receipts windows does not like PA Invoices having a currency and SOP Invoices not having a currency.    

It is slated as a fix in SP2, but the quick resolution is to activate MC (and run MC Checklinks).    

Warren

All Replies
  • Okay, got an answer on this.  

Basically it is a bug in GP2013.   When PA inserts records in RM20101, it includes a the functional currency even if MC is not activated.   The Apply from the Cash receipts windows does not like PA Invoices having a currency and SOP Invoices not having a currency.    

It is slated as a fix in SP2, but the quick resolution is to activate MC (and run MC Checklinks).    

Warren

• Hey Warren,

I just installed GP2013 SP2 at a project using client and sadly they still cannot apply in the cash receipts window. I just don't want to activate MC if I can help it. Have you heard anything else on this? Hope all is well! Linda

• Hi Linda,

I have not heard any good news on this, but then I have not been watching it.   I am sorry to hear the SP2 did not address this issue.

Warren