Commission Error

This question is not answered

Hello.  Sometimes when I post invoices, some invoices won't post because of Commission Errors.  We don't use commission at all!  We think that this has something to do with the SLSPRSNID that one of our developers is using to assign our A/R managers.  How do I prevent GP from calculating commissions and therefore NOT have commission errors?  I have been raising this issue with our developers and they could not come up with an answer/solution.  I always have to go in the invoices and remove the commissions.  That's the only way to make the invoices post.

Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • Could you provide us with further details on the error, what is the error message for instance ?

Any further explanation would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

• Hi,

I've seen this error before. Are you importing invoices and does it happen with all salespeople or just certain salespeople? Do you have any amount recorded for % on salesperson setup?

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

• Our developer says that it is an "anomaly" because we are using the SalesPersonID field to assign A/R customers to A/R clerks.  And that causes the "anomaly".  Even though the commission percent is 0.00%, it still flags some invoices with "***ERROR: The commission sale total does not equal the commission sale amounts.". Yesterday there was a $38K invoice that was not posted because of the commission error.  I had to Point-And-Click (PAC) to remove the commission.  This morning, a $13K invoice was not posted.  "Anomaly" is not acceptable!  Can we turn off the flagging of invoices with commission error?

• Hi,

Just an idea, can your programmers set the commissionable sale amount to zero during the import?

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

• Thanks Leslie for your response.  Our developer deleted all records from SOP10101 this weekend but this morning, when I posted invoices there were still a bunch of invoices that did not post because of commission error.  Leslie, do you know where that error flag is places, which prevents the invoices to post?  Our developer cleared the error and the invoices posted but he didn't mention what he did, whether he just did a PAC to remove the error or he used a script to clear an error code/flag.