Adding different logo on Invoice template for each AR account

Adding different logo on Invoice template for each AR account

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi Folks,

Could you please help me on this event? My client has 2 entities and there is one AR account set up for each. Now, they want to add each entity logo on the invoice template. I have heard that it could be done by assign each customer to a class ID and design the report in RW so that it will pull up the right logo. I am a GP newbie so really appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

All Replies
  • You can do this in the Invoice Template in Word by creating two separate templates, each with the appropriate logo, and assigning the templates to either your class ID's or to individual customers in the Report Template Maintenance window.

Frank E. Hamelly, MCP, MCITP, MCT, MVP

http://gp2themax.blogspot.com/

• Thanks for your advice Frank, I will try.

• Hi Frank

I created 2 templates, added a logo in each. But when I assigned it to one of the companies and to one class ID, I cannot assign it to the other one. The problem is they don't have different database. This is a 2-in-1 database.

• Hi,

You need to select Customer for your assignment instead of company.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

•  

• Hi Leslie,

When I assigned the first template to one of the 2 customers' class IDs, I cannot assign the 2nd one to another customer class. The option is greyed out.

• Howdy,

Do you have the template assigned to both companies?  In the screenshot, it looks like it might be assigned to only one of the companies.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

• I have tried to assign to both companies but since it has only one database, the other one will be unassigned automatically when I assign the template to one of them. I asked our developper to create those invoices using SSRS reports. Thank you so much for your prompt support.

• Assign both templates to the company but only make one of them the default.

Then do the assignment using the Assign >> Customer

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
    Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
    Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
    1 Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA, United Kingdom