Question Status

Suggested Answer
SaritaEl asked a question on 3 Dec 2013 8:30 PM

I posted a batch and then i realized i had the wrong posting date... is there a way to change the posting date of the batch even after it has posted???voiding out all the transactions in this batch is not an option since there are a lot of transactions...

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 3 Dec 2013 11:35 PM

Saritael,

The batch will be deleted once it has been posted.

We can only change the posted transaction date through back end. I give you the code.

Before, i want to comfirm the which batch(AP Payables, AP manual Payement, AR receivables, GL Journal Trans,..etc) did you posted?

Note: Mark it as verified If my answer solved your problem. Because this will helps to some others who having the same problem.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Dynamics Thoughts

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 4 Dec 2013 9:51 AM

I would not recommend changing the transaction data at the database level, there is a general ledger posting data included as well. Therefore, I would simply recommend voiding and re-entering the transactions.

The batch date is included in the setup, under the "posting date from" option. You can either choose to have your posting date from the transaction or the batch, as shown below;

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

Suggested Answer
Richard L. Whaley responded on 4 Dec 2013 2:03 PM

I have to second Mohmoud's recommendation to NOT change it in the db.  There are too many things to hit.  Plus, auditors and such will question this.  If the transactions are too many to reverse, take the distributions report and correct the GL.  There are other issues with AR receivables and, if the date difference is major, this can affect the customers average days to pay and the ageing and calculation of late charges.  If these matter, then void the transactions and re-enter them.

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 3 Jul 2014 10:55 AM

No option available for change the batch posting date after it was posted.

You can change the posting date in back-end only. But, this not advisable.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Mark it as verified If my answer solved your problem. Because this will helps to some others who having the same problem.

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 3 Dec 2013 11:35 PM

Saritael,

The batch will be deleted once it has been posted.

We can only change the posted transaction date through back end. I give you the code.

Before, i want to comfirm the which batch(AP Payables, AP manual Payement, AR receivables, GL Journal Trans,..etc) did you posted?

Best Regards,

SaritaEl responded on 4 Dec 2013 3:56 AM

The batch was for AR receivables.

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 4 Dec 2013 9:51 AM

I would not recommend changing the transaction data at the database level, there is a general ledger posting data included as well. Therefore, I would simply recommend voiding and re-entering the transactions.

The batch date is included in the setup, under the "posting date from" option. You can either choose to have your posting date from the transaction or the batch, as shown below;

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Suggested Answer
Richard L. Whaley responded on 4 Dec 2013 2:03 PM

I have to second Mohmoud's recommendation to NOT change it in the db.  There are too many things to hit.  Plus, auditors and such will question this.  If the transactions are too many to reverse, take the distributions report and correct the GL.  There are other issues with AR receivables and, if the date difference is major, this can affect the customers average days to pay and the ageing and calculation of late charges.  If these matter, then void the transactions and re-enter them.

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

SaritaEl responded on 4 Dec 2013 7:47 PM

Thank you all!  This helped a lot .

Kpham responded on 2 Jul 2014 3:45 PM

In regards to accounts payable...does anyone know how to edit the batch ID name after it's posted?

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 3 Jul 2014 12:30 AM

KPHAM

I should reemphasize on an important issue. The batch is nothing but a container of transactions, all the transactions within will be posted with their associated document numbers and the batch id is gone. You can even use the batch id after it has been posted since it is not unique.

For batch with multiple uses (monthly, weekly, quarterly ..etc), the batch remains after it is posted, it depends on how frequent it is used.

Your feedback is highly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 3 Jul 2014 12:43 AM

I am agree with above Mahmoud point.

Best Regards,

Richard Wheeler responded on 3 Jul 2014 4:16 AM

Another thought I would like to inject here is the reprinting of posting journals. It is usually best practice to give each batch a unique ID. You can use something like today's data and person's initials. This way in the future, if you ever need to reprint just that batch, you can select to print by batch ID. On the other hand, if you were to reuse the batch ID, then in the future if you reprint by batch ID you will see the combined transactions but the posting date of the transactions would be different. Now this could be why you want to change the batch ID.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Kpham responded on 3 Jul 2014 10:38 AM

Ah, I think I'm asking the wrong question. Is there a way to change a batch posting date? In our office, we used the date as the batch ID name. The issue at hand is trying to correct the batch posting date after its posted.

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 3 Jul 2014 10:49 AM

KPHAM

The batch is a container, when it is posted it disappears from the system

do you want to correct the transaction date ?

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 3 Jul 2014 10:55 AM

No option available for change the batch posting date after it was posted.

You can change the posting date in back-end only. But, this not advisable.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Kpham responded on 3 Jul 2014 1:21 PM

Ok, thanks!

Richard Wheeler responded on 3 Jul 2014 3:33 PM

You can enter a reversing entry in GL to move the transactions from the fiscal period you do not want to the fiscal period you do want.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10