Default Purchase Order Comment ID

This question is answered

Is there a place to set a default Purchase Order ID? You can do it with sales documents, but I don't see it on the Purchase Order Processing window.

Thanks,

George

Verified Answer
  • There is no functionality available for set default Comment ID to purchasing order in GP. Better create a VBA customization to achieve this.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | MS Dynamics GP - Developer

All Replies
  • Setting comment id can be configured on the comment setup window, in which you set a comment id per series as shown below;

• Tools > Setup > Company > Comment

As for the purchase order id, it can be configured on the purchase order processing setup window; Tools > Setup > Purchasing > Purchase Order Processing

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

• Mahmoud,

I don't see any field on the Purchase Order Processing window to put in a default comment ID or you screen shot or in my instance.

• Go to Tools > Setup > Company > Comments

choose the purchasing series, and set a commend id.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

• Go to Tools > Setup > Company > Comments

choose the purchasing series, and set a commend id.

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

• Mahmound,

You are missing what I want to do. I know how to setup a comment. I want a specific comment ID to default on a PO like you can do with Sales Documents.

• Okay, we are clear now

You are absolutely right about one point, in SOP you set up a default comment id per document type that is added automatically once a document type is chosen in Sales Transaction Entry window.

In POP, you set up a predefined comment id on the comment setup window (Tools > Setup > Company > Comments). Then on the purchase order, you can either enter a comment through the expansion button, or add new text to an already predefined comment. Check the documentation below;

Please take into consideration that you can add comments per line items, through the expansion button of the item field.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

• George,

You can't default a Comment ID onto a PO. If you really need this, then you will need to look into doing a customisation.

Ian

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
    Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
    Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
    1 Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA, United Kingdom

• There is no functionality available for set default Comment ID to purchasing order in GP. Better create a VBA customization to achieve this.

Best Regards,

• Regarding Soma's advice of a VBA customisation; while this is the easiest way of customising GP to default the Comment ID onto a PO, VBA customisations will not work in the GP 2013 Web Client.

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
    Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
    Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
    1 Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA, United Kingdom

• Thank you all for your guidance. This is another area I wish Microsoft would be more consistant with the product. It is not critical enough to justify a customization on my part, and I'm not sure it does not bother enough other customers that Microsoft would add the functionality.

• George,

If you really need this functionality with the customization like VBA or Dexterity. I am ready to help you. Let me know.

Best Regards,