Question Status

Suggested Answer
Brady W Riopelle asked a question on 30 Jan 2014 1:39 PM

We are seeing an issue where we want to change the sort on the Precheck Report by Lastname, FirstName, then MiddleName. It seems like the sort will work but the issue seems to be when it runs into a duplicate LastName (goes to the secondary sort method). It triggers the report footer to print and then it continues on with the rest of the employees. So the Report totals aren't at the bottom of the report but where the first duplicate lastname is.

Has any come across this issue before or any suggestions?

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 11:58 PM

As Lessie said. She has been modified the report with custom sorting options and everything working fine. If you attach the package file of your modified report, this would be helps us resolve the issue.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | GP Techno-Functional Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Leslie Vail responded on 30 Jan 2014 5:50 PM

Hi Brady,

I just modified my report to sort like you mentioned. I went into report writer and put in a custom sort by Last Name, First Name, Middle Name. I then created several employees with the same last names, the same last and first names, some with and without a middle name. It behaved perfectly. If you still have a problem, I'll be happy to take a peek at your package file if you want to send it to me.

leslievail@earthlink.net

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

Leslie Vail responded on 4 Feb 2014 4:47 PM

Hi Brady,

The only question I have about your report is whether you want the amounts listed by each customer to represent the receivable net of available discounts or just the base receivable?

Kind regards,

Leslie

ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

Quinetta Long responded on 26 Mar 2014 12:42 PM

I am having the same issue with a client when they modified the Precheck Report to sort by SS#.  They have some employees that have their SS # as the Employee ID and that seems to be what is triggering the report totals after that employee.  Have you found any solutions to your sort issue?

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 26 Mar 2014 11:58 PM

As Lessie said. She has been modified the report with custom sorting options and everything working fine. If you attach the package file of your modified report, this would be helps us resolve the issue.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Quinetta Long responded on 27 Mar 2014 6:57 AM

Thanks for the reply.  My client has added a sort by the SS#.  When they calculate a small batch the report prints with the totals at the end but when they have a full payroll and the report is 400-600 pages the totals print somehere in the middle of the report.

Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 27 Mar 2014 7:05 AM

For small batch report, Is the report print with single page?

Best Regards,

Quinetta Long responded on 27 Mar 2014 7:55 AM

No, when I tested it my report was around 30 pages.

Leslie Vail responded on 28 Mar 2014 2:58 PM

Hi Quinetta,

As Soma suggested, it's really difficult to troubleshoot your report without actually seeing a copy of it. If you will e-mail the package file containing the modified report, I will be happy to look at it. My e-mail is leslievail@earthlink.net

Kind regards,

Leslie