Question Status

Suggested Answer
Jim Lines asked a question on 25 Mar 2014 3:12 PM

Greetings!

I’m working with a company that just upgraded from GP 10 to 2013.  I’m looking at a problem with a modified version of the “Trial Balance Detail by Period.”  I am not the author of the report and don’t have any info on what may have been modified – though it doesn’t look like much.  Apparently this modified report worked properly prior to upgrade.

The issue reported is that even though the option to subtotal by month is selected, I am not seeing monthly subtotals when running the report for a single account number.  However, when you run the report for a range of account numbers, I do get subtotals by month under the individual account numbers.

I know there must be a setting in RW that tells the report when to and when not to display the subtotal, but I cannot find it.  I looked at the Section Options and they appear to be set the same as the “canned” report which works fine.  

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can look at to find out why I can’t get a subtotal by month for a single account on the TB Detail – by Period?  

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Suggested Answer
Naga Siva Kiran Meesaraganda responded on 25 Mar 2014 11:42 PM

Hi Jim,

Did you try updating the Modified Reports (using MS Dynamics GP Utilities) and check this issue.

*Please mark this post as 'Answered' if it solved your issue. This will help other users with similar issue*

Naga M. Siva Kiran, SE-III, email:mnskiran@outlook.com

Suggested Answer
Naga Siva Kiran Meesaraganda responded on 25 Mar 2014 11:42 PM

Hi Jim,

Did you try updating the Modified Reports (using MS Dynamics GP Utilities) and check this issue.

*Please mark this post as 'Answered' if it solved your issue. This will help other users with similar issue*

Naga M. Siva Kiran, SE-III, email:mnskiran@outlook.com

Jim Lines responded on 26 Mar 2014 8:11 AM

Naga,

Thanks for your response!  It's been so long since I've participated in an upgrade that I totally forgot about the Update Utility.  In my case, I found out that there was only one modification and was able to simply modify the report quickly.  

I may run this utility in my DEV environment to see if anything else needs updating.  

Thanks!

Jim