Question Status

Suggested Answer
lcampbell asked a question on 22 Jul 2014 2:46 PM

GP 2013 -- what workflows are other clients using to approve journal entries before they are posted? 

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 22 Jul 2014 8:22 PM

In case we are talking about Dynamics GP specifically, the approval check and password used on the batch level are the only scenario I have always seen and applied.

When other systems are included such as Dynamics CRM, Papersave ... etc, several workflow can be configured to manage the business side of the process, then the financial journal entry resulting at the end of the process can be integrated into Dynamics GP through eConnect or other integration solutions.

For me personally, when a client is looking to better manage its business through setting several business oriented workflow, Dynamics CRM can do such a great job. The magic becomes clear when Dynamics GP and CRM are implemented and integrated together.

please never hesitate to share any further inquiries,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 22 Jul 2014 8:22 PM

In case we are talking about Dynamics GP specifically, the approval check and password used on the batch level are the only scenario I have always seen and applied.

When other systems are included such as Dynamics CRM, Papersave ... etc, several workflow can be configured to manage the business side of the process, then the financial journal entry resulting at the end of the process can be integrated into Dynamics GP through eConnect or other integration solutions.

For me personally, when a client is looking to better manage its business through setting several business oriented workflow, Dynamics CRM can do such a great job. The magic becomes clear when Dynamics GP and CRM are implemented and integrated together.

please never hesitate to share any further inquiries,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com