Question Status

Verified
Alvaro Rodriguez asked a question on 29 Aug 2014 3:57 PM

Is there a way on GP 2013 to change the language, and even better based on user preference? IE

User1 - English

User2 - Spanish

User3 - English

And when they logon the language is changed automatically, if not, can you change the client language?

Regards.

Verified Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 1 Sep 2014 5:51 PM

Hello Alvaro

There is no such option to choose the language of the system through installation. Actually, having a multilingual installation requires a different set of installation. There is an installation CD for the Spanish version which is different from the United States English one. You can get the Spanish version from the following link: Download Dynamics GP 2013 - Customer Source

I would like to further add supportive reference regarding the Multilingual installation of Dynamics GP, Answers to frequently asked questions about international installations of Microsoft Great Plains

Never hesitate to share any further inquiries,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Dynamics GP Essentials |   mahmoudsaadi.blogspot.com

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 29 Aug 2014 7:49 PM

As for the Desktop version of Dynamics GP, the application language is loaded from the dictionary files which exist in the GP Folder on the default path like (Program Files > Microsoft Dynamics GP > GP Folder). Therefore, the original request to have the language changed automatically on the interface is not possible.

You can install multiple instances of Dynamics GP on the same machine with different language (Spanish and English as an example), name the GP icon according to the language to make it easy for the user.

Your feedback is highly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Suggested Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 29 Aug 2014 7:49 PM

As for the Desktop version of Dynamics GP, the application language is loaded from the dictionary files which exist in the GP Folder on the default path like (Program Files > Microsoft Dynamics GP > GP Folder). Therefore, the original request to have the language changed automatically on the interface is not possible.

You can install multiple instances of Dynamics GP on the same machine with different language (Spanish and English as an example), name the GP icon according to the language to make it easy for the user.

Your feedback is highly appreciated,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Alvaro Rodriguez responded on 1 Sep 2014 9:37 AM

How can I choose the instalation language? I don't recall the installer asking for a instllation language, do I need to download another installer?

Verified Answer
Mahmoud M. AlSaadi responded on 1 Sep 2014 5:51 PM

Hello Alvaro

There is no such option to choose the language of the system through installation. Actually, having a multilingual installation requires a different set of installation. There is an installation CD for the Spanish version which is different from the United States English one. You can get the Spanish version from the following link: Download Dynamics GP 2013 - Customer Source

I would like to further add supportive reference regarding the Multilingual installation of Dynamics GP, Answers to frequently asked questions about international installations of Microsoft Great Plains

Never hesitate to share any further inquiries,

Best Regards,

Mahmoud M. AlSaadi

Alvaro Rodriguez responded on 2 Sep 2014 8:39 AM

Thanks a lot Mahmoud  I was told that GP2013 had "user specific" capabilities called multilingual and that it was found on the registration screen, wich I don't know what do they mean by registration screen, but that link really helped me clear this up, but I think they are reffering to multilinguapgp.com, wich does some thing like this.

Regards.