Question Status

Unanswered
Caleb Walter asked a question on 19 Mar 2015 9:34 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

We are in the process of doing a test upgrade for a customer from GP10 -> GP2013. They have 4 companies to upgrade and all went as planned excluding 1 (and of course its their main company). When GPUtils runs to upgrade this company it fails with "the Conversion Process Encountered an Error and the temporary table did not get removed". The tables it is speaking of specifically are the Item Master and Item Master 11.80.0001 tables (IV00101). I did a little research on my own for this and found some people that had similar issues and ran this series of scripts to remove the tables:

SELECT b.fileOSName, a.fileNumber, a.PRODID, a.Status, a.errornum, a.errordes, c.CMPANYID, c.INTERID

FROM DYNAMICS.dbo.DU000030 a

JOIN

DYNAMICS.dbo.DU000010 b

ON a.fileNumber = b.fileNumber AND a.PRODID = b.PRODID

JOIN

DYNAMICS.dbo.SY01500 c

ON a.companyID = c.CMPANYID

WHERE (a.Status <> 0 or a.errornum <> 0) and a.Status <>15

Then ran to delete the temp tables that failed:

delete DYNAMICS..DU000030 WHERE Status <> 0 and Status <>15

3) Then ran to delete the table that states GP is being upgraded currently:

delete dynamics..duLCK

This successfully deleted the tables from the Dynamics SQL Databases but when I attempt to restart the GPUtils upgrade, I get the exact same error and the tables return to the Dynamics DB.

What would be the next recommended course of action to remove/ modify these tables for a successful upgrade?

Thank You for the Assist!

Leslie Vail responded on 19 Mar 2015 1:28 PM

Hi,

Have you tried to launch the company after dismissing the error? What does your DB_upgrade table look like? Do all of the companies show the same numbers for the versions? I ask this because I have encountered a similar issue that was really a non-issue.

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

Caleb Walter responded on 19 Mar 2015 1:44 PM

I have not tried to launch the company after deleting the table, as it never looked like GPUtils got farther than the first steps of upgrading that company. How do I look at the DB_Upgrade table / what am I looking for? Thank You!

Caleb Walter responded on 19 Mar 2015 1:46 PM

Just tried logging into that company, it says "Files for this Company have not been Updated"

Leslie Vail responded on 19 Mar 2015 2:42 PM

You'll need SQL Server Studio Manager to look at the raw data.

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

Caleb Walter responded on 19 Mar 2015 2:44 PM

I have that installed already on the server (The SQL DBs and GP install are on the same server), any specific query to use to find this table and what Im looking for in it?

Caleb Walter responded on 20 Mar 2015 8:17 AM

OK Im looking at the DB_Upgrade table, what exactly am I looking for? :)

Caleb Walter responded on 20 Mar 2015 8:51 AM

So I was snooping around the DU30 table, and saw that an error was occurring with one of the tables claiming that "lastgenlot" was an invalid column name. We ran a SELECT FROM command on one of the other company DBs that got successfully updated, and it returned an empty table successfully, but when ran against the failing company we get a "Invalid Column Name" Error.