Question Status

Suggested Answer
Tom Mathew asked a question on 8 Apr 2015 5:21 AM

Field level security in dynamics gp 10 is working fine with sa but not with other users. DO i need to give any special permission to other users as the same field service ID is assigned to user sa as well as user x.

For sa it is working fine but for user X it is not.

GP version is GP 10 without SP

Suggested Answer
Shan M responded on 8 Apr 2015 7:21 AM

I hope, you have created a field Level Security with some functionality of restrictions and it only works for the user 'SA'  and not for the other users ?

Did you assign the Field Level Security ID for the users ? If the answer is no, you have to apply the restriction to other users selecting the ID and mark the users listed on the left side of the Field Level Security form .

Hope it helps.

**To save someone's time, if this answers your question, mark it as 'Answered' so others experiencing the same will know the answer.

Thanks,

Shan

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 8 Apr 2015 2:02 PM

Filed Level Security works in GP based on the users & company assignment. You need to assign it to users after you created a field level security.

If you not assigned to any users. Please assign it to appropriate users and check again.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | Microsoft Dynamics GP Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Tom Mathew responded on 8 Apr 2015 11:22 PM

Dear All,

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

I've done all the steps that needs to be taken for assigning the field level security.

Even I tried assigning the power user role after assigning the field security ID for the respective users.

Still no luck.

Thomas

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 9 Apr 2015 12:25 AM

No. This is not related to GP user security (Power Users or any users roles defined by GP security).

Where you have assigned the user permission/restriction for Field Level Security?

Please have a look on the below my blog and set the restriction for users with Field Level Security.

community.dynamics.com/.../field-level-security-in-gp-without-customization.aspx

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Tom Mathew responded on 9 Apr 2015 12:59 AM

Soma, I was just trying to say that I've made the user enjoy the same rights as 'sa' with all the rights set with the field level security rule created :)

Shan M responded on 9 Apr 2015 3:21 AM

Tom,

Can you post some screenshots?

Hope it helps.

**To save someone's time, if this answers your question, mark it as 'Answered' so others experiencing the same will know the answer.

Thanks,

Shan

Tom Mathew responded on 9 Apr 2015 3:47 AM

Shan M responded on 9 Apr 2015 3:58 AM

Tom,

I have tested this in my environment with different users and it's working. Can you delete and create it from scratch using the other user who has power user role and check it?

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shan

Tom Mathew responded on 9 Apr 2015 4:00 AM

Shan,

Hope  u r using GP10 without any SP :)

Shan M responded on 9 Apr 2015 4:07 AM

Tom,

I am on GP 2013 R2  :-). I do not have the GP 10 version to check on that.

step with screenshot  just for your reference:

community.dynamics.com/.../field-level-security-in-gp-without-customization.aspx

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shan

Tom Mathew responded on 9 Apr 2015 4:10 AM

Shan,

Deeply feel some bug is there with my version since we are not using and pacthes or hotfixes so far.

I created a new one and attached and still the same.

Shan M responded on 9 Apr 2015 4:20 AM

Tom,

Sorry to hear that your problem is still exists. I believe the field level security functionality  is available before GP 10. I doubt it could be bug with the version but I am not sure.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shan

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 9 Apr 2015 5:49 AM

Better please contact your partner or Microsoft support team(I am not sure they will support GP 10 or not).

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 9 Apr 2015 5:52 AM

Or

Log in to GP with any other user (power user) and create a new field level security with the same logged in user and check whether this working on that logged in user.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards,

Katie Pieczynski responded on 14 Apr 2015 4:31 PM

Did you pick the right field name?  I have created some securities like locking down the customer name field, but if you pick the wrong one it will not work for the user.  Some of the field names say the same thing.

Suggested Answer
Shan M responded on 8 Apr 2015 7:21 AM

I hope, you have created a field Level Security with some functionality of restrictions and it only works for the user 'SA'  and not for the other users ?

Did you assign the Field Level Security ID for the users ? If the answer is no, you have to apply the restriction to other users selecting the ID and mark the users listed on the left side of the Field Level Security form .

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shan

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 8 Apr 2015 2:02 PM

Filed Level Security works in GP based on the users & company assignment. You need to assign it to users after you created a field level security.

If you not assigned to any users. Please assign it to appropriate users and check again.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 9 Apr 2015 12:25 AM

No. This is not related to GP user security (Power Users or any users roles defined by GP security).

Where you have assigned the user permission/restriction for Field Level Security?

Please have a look on the below my blog and set the restriction for users with Field Level Security.

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 9 Apr 2015 5:49 AM

Better please contact your partner or Microsoft support team(I am not sure they will support GP 10 or not).

Hope this helps!!!

Best Regards,

Suggested Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 9 Apr 2015 5:52 AM

Or

Log in to GP with any other user (power user) and create a new field level security with the same logged in user and check whether this working on that logged in user.

Hope this helps!!

Best Regards,