Dexterity shared components not detected

This question is answered

Hi

When I try to install GP 10 on a server with an existing GP 2010 , I get an error that dexterity shared components are not detected and then the installation fails.

How do i get around this?

Thanks

Verified Answer
  • What's your environment configuration? Is this a 64-bit Windows O/S?

Best regards,

MG.-
    Mariano Gomez, MIS, MVP, MCP, PMP
    IntellPartners, LLC
    Blog: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

• The installation is failing because GP 10.0 doesn't work with Dexterity shared components 11.0, which is used with GP 2010.   If you browse to the bin folder of your download/media, then open the DexCmn folder and install the Dexterity shared components 10.0.  Your error should go away.

Regards,

Aaron

• Hi ,

when I tried to install the shared components , I got another error about missing .NET 2.0. I do have SP2 of .NET2.0. I have not been successful in removing that version.

Any hlep is appreciated .  thanks

All Replies
  • What's your environment configuration? Is this a 64-bit Windows O/S?

Best regards,

MG.-
    Mariano Gomez, MIS, MVP, MCP, PMP
    IntellPartners, LLC
    Blog: http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

• The installation is failing because GP 10.0 doesn't work with Dexterity shared components 11.0, which is used with GP 2010.   If you browse to the bin folder of your download/media, then open the DexCmn folder and install the Dexterity shared components 10.0.  Your error should go away.

Regards,

Aaron

• Hi ,

when I tried to install the shared components , I got another error about missing .NET 2.0. I do have SP2 of .NET2.0. I have not been successful in removing that version.

Any hlep is appreciated .  thanks

• Hi The environement is 32 bit Windows Server 2003.

Thanks

• Are you using the orginal installation media for GP 10.0?  I could be mistaken, but I seem to remember that issue being resolved with the release of a feature pack that included SP4.  If you don't have it, log onto Customer Source and download the Feature Pack that includes SP4 and then try your installation again.  I suspect that the installer will recognize the .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 and continue.

Regards,

Aaron

• Thanks .  I was trying to install the original version without service packs. I will download the feature Pack and see if that works

Thanks

Gold