How to add graph report to GP home page?

This question is not answered

Hi Everyone,

I've been learning how to add reports from SSRS to GP 2010 and I see how to get them to the customized reports. I have two questions.

1. How do I move a report from Customized Reports to My Reports?

2. How can I take a bar graph I have published in SSRS and have it display on my home page when I log into GP 2010? I see there are some available already to show and select but those look like they are built into GP. How can I set my own up there? I would like to create a custom dashboard.

Thank you for the help!

Warren

All Replies
  • I don't know if you can get to the customized reports in the My Reports section; frankly I've never looked into it.  

As for displaying custom dashboards, if you create the new chart or graph using the Report Builder, you must save it in the same folder that the KPIs are displayed in so that it will be visible to GP.  

In order to display the custom reports in GP, you have to setup the reporting features.  Go to:

Tools > Setup > System > Reporting Tools Setup

Fill in the fields with your SSRS information and click the appropriate check box to display the custom charts and graphs.  Refer to the GP2010 Documentation for explaination on the fields.

Regards,

Aaron

• Thanks, I have gone to this page now and the Report Server URL and Report Manager URL are entered already. I have a Charts And KPIs sesion with two checkboxes. If I check Enable SSRS Home Page Metrics, it tells me the metrics using MS Office Web Components will not be available. Assign default metrics to the home page role for each user using the Metrics Detail window.

Does anyone know of a tutorial showing how to take a report or graph and add it to the user home page? It looks like this is customized per user so each user can have their own reports on the home page. I would rather not add them in the Mtrics but display right there in place of having the To Do, Quick Links, etc.

Thanks!

• Actually, are the graphs only available to be shown through the Metrics? I watched a video how they created a graph report in SSRS and added it to GP. Then they added it to the Metrics and selected to show all so all added graphs would show on the home page. Is this how everyone does it?

Thanks!