microsoft dynamics gp has encountered a problem and needs to close

microsoft dynamics gp has encountered a problem and needs to close

This question is answered

Hello everyone,

One of my users is having an issue.  We are on GP 2010, sp1 and using Outlook 2007. She is getting the message "Microsoft Dynamics GP has encountered a problem and needs to close".  I asked her what she was doing when this popped up and she said she was in Outlook emailing someone.  I asked her to click on the more info button and send me a screen shot of that error as well.  That error gave the Appname as: Dynamics.exe & the ModName was: oleut32.dll. 

One of the things I noticed from prior posts was to disable any Outlook pieces from the Customize this page link.  She originally had the To-Do checked, so I un-checked it. This alone didn't correct the issue though.

Today, it happened again.  I looked online and found that others have tried re-registering the oleut32.dll, so I tried that.  I'm waiting to see if this occurs again.

This is my payroll person, so I'm not anxious for this to happen in the middle of a payroll run.  The only thing that I can think of that is "different" on her pc is that we had to put .net framework 4.0 on it in order to be compatible with Greenshades (which is a 3rd party plug-in).  It was after we laid down this piece of software that this started occuring.  It may have nothing to do with it at all, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Anyone else seen this and have some good troubleshooting tips for me?  Any feedback will be welcomed.

Thank you,

Elizabeth Ray

Trevecca Nazarene University

Verified Answer
  • It seems to have been related to a corrupt dictionary in Great Plains.  I did a repair on GP and it is working now.  

Thanks,

Elizabeth

All Replies
  • Does the GS control panel at least come up so you can work with GS? I recently had a client at a university were she was given limited rights to her computer and GS would not fire up at all. I would submit a support request to GS and get their opinion. You could also temporarily disable any anti-virus software you have and try to reproduce the problem.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

• It seems to have been related to a corrupt dictionary in Great Plains.  I did a repair on GP and it is working now.  

Thanks,

Elizabeth