Smart List/Inventory/Items Price Levels

This question is not answered

I have been trying to get a report from ReportWriter  to show my open items with their Price Level 1 "value".

I am now looking at Smart List to do this.  I have gathered all the fields I need but I cannot get the dollar value for Price Level 1.  Where is this located?  It sems all the fields are availeable but this one.

All Replies
  • What do you mean by 'Open Items'?

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

• Discontinued items not included in the list.

Leslie - I previously sent you the report I was trying to create and never heard from you.  I am now trying to get this info via Smart List

• Try the  'Item Sales Prices' smartlist under Inventory.

You will need to restrict the smartlist to some value that is unique in your List Prices - Price Level or Currency, or maybe Units of Measure. Or export to XL and cut and dice it there.

However, you won't have access to the 'Discontinued' field on the Item Master table.

Eithre export two spreadsheets and use VLOOKUP in XL....or build your own smartlist using Smartlist Builder that links the Item Master table with the Item Price table (use Item Price as the main table).

Ian.

Ian Stewart MVP - International support for Dynamics GP. Local knowledge, local timelines, local GP talent. Genesys Financial Systems (Europe) Microsoft Gold Certified Partner http://dynamicsgp.wordpress.com/

• I have no Smart List Report called Item Sales Prices under Inventory.

Every time I try to use the Price List option in Smart List I get the Level Number, NOT the dollar value.

Export two spread sheets kind of defeats the purpose of Reports, no?

Smartlist Builder is a verrrry nice add-on but it is too expensive for us at theis time.

I quess I will have to continue with the inputting of the Level 1 selling price into the "Item Short Name" field.  At least I can pull this field into the report correctly., plus it shows up on the Inventory Inquiry screen which is helpful.  Just AT LOT OF WORK !!!!

Tx yall

Mary

• Yes Mary - you're right!! There is no standard smartlist called 'Item Sales Prices' - its one I created myself using Smartlist Builder ..D'oh - Apologies for that - I should have checked before I posted.

Do you use SQL Server Reporting Services?

You could also modify a standard GP report? Click on Reports >> Inventroy >> Item >> Item Price List. If you don't find a filter to suit - you could insert a restriction in Report Writer. You could also edit the report format to make it XL friendly. On this report there is a tick box to exclude Discontinued Items.

Hope this helps.

Ian.

Ian Stewart MVP - International support for Dynamics GP. Local knowledge, local timelines, local GP talent. Genesys Financial Systems (Europe) Microsoft Gold Certified Partner http://dynamicsgp.wordpress.com/

• I get big red X with message: Canot access this report because the dictionary containing it is not loaded.   !!??

• Understood.

This is a standard report based on the standard Inventory module - so the cause of the error is most likely that the report was modified at some stage, rolled out to your user ID, and then the modified report was deleted. So when you try and print - its looking for he modified version, but cannot find it.

What you need to do as a first step is go to GP User Security and take rights away from this report for your user ID. (Tools >> Setup >> System ...and then its eithre 'Security' or 'Alternative Modified Forms and Reports' depending on what version of GP you are using). This will give you back access to the original version of the report.

Is this process something you are experienced with? If not, can you talk to someone internally about doing it? It really needs 'eyes on' to ensure the correct steps are taken.

Best regards,

Ian.

• Again, there is NO listing for Item Price List

• Hi Mary - Maybe we are at odds. When I print the report I get the sales price for items based on what is entered in he Cards >> Inventory >> Item >> Price List window.

Are we talking about the same piece of data?

Could you post a screen shot of the window where the data you want on the report / smartlist is displayed?

Best regards,

Ian.

• s927.photobucket.com/.../Dynamics%20Examples

Here is a link to the pics

• Mary,

My apologies. I have re-sent the package file I created in response to your original question. It's a modified version of the Item Price List. Please let me know if it is anything like what you need.

The report includes the following restrictions:

Generic Description

Price Level

Qty Type (for the item qty mstr)

U of M

The following tables

--Item Mstr

---Item Qty Mstr

----Item Currency Mstr

-----Item Price List Options

------Item Price List

The additional headers are:

Item Generic Description

Item Number

The report looks like this for Fabrikam for the RETAIL price level:

System:     12/16/2011  1:07:00 PM                         Fabrikam, Inc.                            Page:     1

User Date:  4/12/2017                                     ITEM PRICE LIST                            User ID:  sa

Inventory Control

Item Generic

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Number           Description                          Price Level   Price         U of M     QTY on Hand

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer

ANSW-ATT-1000        Attractive Answering System 1000      RETAIL          $119.95     Each              2.00

ANSW-PAN-1450        Panache KX-T1450 answer               RETAIL          $109.95     Each            (22.00)

Anwer

ANSW-PAN-2460        Panache KX-T2460 answer               RETAIL          $149.95     Each             38.00

Assembly

BA100G               Base Assembly                         RETAIL           $29.95     Each             10.00

Audio

A100                 Audio System                          RETAIL           $39.95     Each             10.00

Bellisimo

BELL100              Phone Bellisimo                       RETAIL            $9.95     Each             10.00

Book

COMPBOOK             Computers Explained                   RETAIL            $7.50     Each             10.00

Business P

PHON-BUS-1244        Handset, 4-line Desk                  RETAIL          $259.95     Each             26.00

PHON-BUS-1250        Handset,multi-line                    RETAIL          $359.95     Each            267.00

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
    ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net