Question Status

Suggested Answer
Walter Hill asked a question on 1 Jun 2012 9:10 AM

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Internet Explorer Script Error
Line:    224
Char:    25
Error:    Object doesn't support this property or method
Code:    0
URL:    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jkerns/local%20Settings/Temp/tmp2536.tmp
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

Suggested Answer
Aaron Witt responded on 1 Jun 2012 9:55 AM

Walter,

I assume this is coming up when your home page tries to load in GP?  If so, you need to download and install the Office 2003 Web components.  Once installed, this message won't pop up and your home page will display metrics correctly.

Walter Hill responded on 1 Jun 2012 12:37 PM

Thanks, this is the original message

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Internet Explorer Script Error

Line:    335

Char:    6

Error:    Object doesn't support this property or method

Code:    0

URL:    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jkerns/local%20Settings/Temp/tmp54.tmp

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

I have installed 2003 web components and deleted cookies and deleted temp file and still same problem. It creates a different tmp file each time

Walter Hill responded on 1 Jun 2012 2:12 PM

Update:

That process actually fix the problem, clearing out the cookies helped and Web componets!!!

Thanks

Jonathan Fear responded on 5 Jun 2012 8:42 AM

Here are the resolutions we typically provide:

There can be several causes for script errors that occur on the Home Page such as user permissions, missing or corrupt Office Web Components, or from the UserData folder missing due to user folder redirection or another means. Please try the suggestions below to see if we can get the issue resolved and determine what is causing them to occur. The most common cause is that the UserData folder is missing so I would like to start with this first.

A. Missing User Data folder

1. Log out of GP on the users workstation.

2. Navigate to the following location for your user. Click Start->Run and type in the following and hit enter.:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\

3. Verify if the UserData folder exists here.

3a. If it doesn't, creat a folder and named it ‘UserData’

3b. The UserData folder is a system folder and if you do not have your folder properties set to show system operating files, it will disappear. Also since the file is hidden by default, creating the UserData folder will cause an error stating that the folder already exists. This is fine and will verify that the folder is there so you don't have to unhide protected OS files.  

4. Log back into Dynamics GP and verify that the issue no longer occurs.

B. User Permissions

1. Please verify that the user has full control to the following paths.

A. The GP Code Folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP).

B. The user's Temp Folder.

i. This can be accessed by going to: Start | Run and entering %temp%

2. Any shared locations for Reports, Forms, or Dictionaries.

C. Missing or corrupt Office Web Components.

I've included the links to download the different versions of the Office Web Components depending on the version of Office you have installed. If you have already installed the Office Web Components please try to run a repair on the installs. This will resolve any issues with the installs.

If you use the 2007 Office programs, you must install the Office Web Components for Office 2003. If you use Office 2000, you must install the Office Web Components for Office XP. For Office 2010 the same installs can be used as if running Office 2007.

A. To obtain the Office Web Components for Office 2007, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

Note The Office Web Components for Office 2007 are a service pack for the Office Web Components for Office 2003. You must install Office Web Components for Office 2003 before you install this service pack.

B. To obtain the Office Web Components for Office 2003, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

C. To obtain the Office Web Components for Office XP, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Note If you download one set of the Web components and you still receive this error message, download and install both sets of the Web components on the same system.

D. Users Temporary Internet Files

I would like to have you delete the Temporary internet files for the user. This can be done with the following steps.

1. Go to Control Panel > Internet Options

2. Click on the General tab and click on the Delete button in the Browsing History section

3. Place checkmarks beside Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and History is not already checked and then click Delete.

4. In the General tab, click on Settings and choose Every Time I visit the Web Page in the Check for newer versions of stored pages section.

Suggested Answer
Aaron Witt responded on 1 Jun 2012 9:55 AM

Walter,

I assume this is coming up when your home page tries to load in GP?  If so, you need to download and install the Office 2003 Web components.  Once installed, this message won't pop up and your home page will display metrics correctly.