Question Status

Verified
Jeff Boughton asked a question on 22 Jun 2012 11:48 AM
Hi all, I am trying to make an Integration Manager using the Inventory adapter. I am performing adjustments into a batch. Essentially I am trying to take a CSV file full of inventory and create a big adjustment to move it all into a site. The problem I am having creating this Inventory adjustment is that each item adjustment is creating a document number within the batch. I just want it all on one document number as my first round will be over 28,000 items to be added -- I don't want 28,000 document numbers with just one item adjustment on it. Please help! I am using Dynamics GP 9.0 SP4 (Still). Jeff
Verified Answer
Tim W responded on 22 Jun 2012 12:23 PM

You need to set your integration (assuming single file) with header and line and group by something you have in the file at the header level (such as batch number) that is the same on all lines.

The sample Inventory Transaction integration in IM has header / line/ serial objects but is a good example on how to setup a group by as that groups by Document Number.  I'd almost recommend splitting it up a bit though as that is quite alot of lines on a single transaction but I would assume it will work.  I've certainly done north of 5000 lines on a cutover in a single IM transaction.

Jeff Boughton responded on 23 Jun 2012 8:51 AM

Thanks Tim - I appreciate your response. You helped me find the direction I needed. I took a deeper look at the IM example for Inventory and as you mentioned, I played with the header/detail files and got it working.

Verified Answer
Tim W responded on 22 Jun 2012 12:23 PM

You need to set your integration (assuming single file) with header and line and group by something you have in the file at the header level (such as batch number) that is the same on all lines.

The sample Inventory Transaction integration in IM has header / line/ serial objects but is a good example on how to setup a group by as that groups by Document Number.  I'd almost recommend splitting it up a bit though as that is quite alot of lines on a single transaction but I would assume it will work.  I've certainly done north of 5000 lines on a cutover in a single IM transaction.