Management Reporter - Functional Currency when setting up data mart.

Management Reporter - Functional Currency when setting up data mart.

This question is not answered

I'm working with a company to setup Management Reporter and hoping to use the data mart feature. The configuration routine gives me an error saying that a functional currency must be setup in the companies before proceeding.  I'm not registered to use Multicurrency - wondering why I need this setup to use the tool?   Are there any other impacts on the company if I set this up?

All Replies
  • Hi Peter,

Thanks for the question. With MR 2012 DDM, and in fact GP2010, a functional currency must be assigned to each company. MR will check to see if one has been assigned and the install will stop if it is missing.

To install the DDM you need to assign both a functional currency and an ISO code to each of your companies in GP. To do this the steps are:

1. A Functional Currency must be defined. This is a per-company setting, found at:

a. Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Setup | Financial | Multicurrency

2. An ISO code for each currency must be defined. This is a system-wide setting, and only has to be completed once. You can find these settings at:

a. Microsoft Dynamics GP menu | Tools | Setup | System | Currency

We also note the steps in this KB article:

mbs2.microsoft.com/.../KBDisplay.aspx

Once you have a functional currency set for each company, and an ISO code defined for each currency, you can then configure the DDM provider for GP 2010.

Please let me know if you would like any additional information on this issue.

Regards

Rob

• Rob

I was having same error and i have cross checked the financial currency is already setup for all companies but still it is giving same following  errors for  3 companies .

Environment : GP 2013,MR2012 RU3

3/25/2013 2:28:47 AM - You must set up a functional currency for the following companies before the integration can continue: xxx, xxx, xxx.

3/25/2013 2:28:48 AM - Rolling back data mart database creation due to installation error. Connection information:

Create new database: True

Server name: xxx\xxx_DYNAMICS_GP

Database name: DDM

Integrated authentication: True

Encrypted connection: False

3/25/2013 2:28:48 AM - The data mart database was rolled back successfully.

3/25/2013 2:28:50 AM - Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Deployment.Console.Core.DeploymentFailedException: The settings for the Dynamics GP connection are not valid. Check the deployment log for details.

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Deployment.DataProvider.GP.GPDataMartDeploymentPart.DeployWithSettings(IDictionary`2 settingsToDeployWith)

at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Deployment.Console.ConfigurationConsole.Wizard.Screens.DeploymentViewModel.TryRemoveFromView(Boolean isProgressing)

• Please double check that the ISO code for the functional currency is setup.  I had the functional currency setup, but not the ISO code for it.  So I was still getting the "The settings for the Dynamics GP connection are not valid" error message.

• Hi Peter

In my case ,cause of issue was the currency mismatch in Dynamics and company DB and has been resolved by fixing it all in master and reference tables.  Paste here the actual logs if your are still having this.

Regards

Humayun

• Hello, I did hear the datamart could not translate currencies and could not drill back to GP.  Is this still the case in your opinion with with RU5?

• RU5 can drill back to GP, datamart is still unable to translate currencies but this is coming hopefully in RU6.

• If you already have the functional currency setup for a company, but the log tells you that you do not, please verify that the index is correct.  As always, make sure you have a backup prior to running any scripts against the database.

select funcridx, * from dynamics.dbo.MC40200 --look for the currency setup as functional currency

select funcridx, * from [COMPANY].dbo.MC40000 --verify that the funcridx matches what as found above

Update [COMPANY].dbo.mc40000 set funcridx = [Correct index]  --if not, update it

• In case anyone comes across this, my first query used the wrong name for the currency index in the DYNAMICS database.  It should be CURRNIDX.

select CURRNIDX, * from dynamics.dbo.MC40200 --look for the currency setup as functional currency

• we are now at RU7 and datamart still cannot do currency translation.

good place for ISO codes fro currency = www.oanda.com/.../currency-iso-code-country