Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM since 3.0 version. Currently working as a Solution Architect focused mainly on Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online deployments but have participated on many CRM 4.0 and CRM 2011 OnPrem as well.
A longer story of my Professional IT Career:
- In 1,999 started an IT Professional Services Company in my native country of Venezuela. Graduated as a Computer Engineer in 2003.
- Moved to USA in 2005 and started from scratch as an (Unpaid) Intern at a Computer school in Miami, FL in August of 2005. In Exchange for my internship "services" I was allowed to take any IT classes I wanted for free and paid for my own exam vouchers to get certified. After a few months of learning (English and IT), I was certified as A+ and Network+ and started teaching Microsoft Office Courses in December 2005.
- After more training and teaching I was able to obtain my MCSE and MCT certifications in March 2006 and started teaching Microsoft Official Curriculum (MCSE, MCDST, etc.) classes full time.
- Around April 2006 I was requested (along with another instructor) to deploy and configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 and Microsoft ISA Server 2004 for the school. This was my initiation in the world of Microsoft Dynamics.
- At the end of 2006 I moved to Atlanta, GA and began working as a Trainer Full Time for New Horizons Computer Learning Centers teaching all advanced curriculum (Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SMS, Microsoft ISA Server, Certified Ethical Hacker, Citrix CCIA Classes, etc.) along with regular curriculum (MCSE, Network+, Security+, Server+, etc.).
- In 2009 I accepted an offer from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM partner to become a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Lead Worldwide. This time I was going to become an expert with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
- From May 2009 to April 2011 I was the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Lead Worldwide for Client Profiles, Inc. and deployed many complex Projects around the world, several of those Projects with 1000+ seats (Biggest was 3,000) and Multiple Locations around the world. These Projects required me to work with other technologies utilized by our partners and ensure they would interact seamlessly. During those 2 years at Client Profiles I gained an expertise regarding all Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Suite Applications, not only the main Application but also performed complex deployments of CRM Email Router and Data Migration Manager.
- On April 2011 I joined Zero2Ten, Inc as a CRM Consultant focused on Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Online and worked extensively on the FastTrack channel for the first few months. Towards the end of the year 2011 I was more involved on bigger projects and received a promotion to Solution Architect.
During my career I have mastered different technologies; I have over 40 IT Certifications for Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, EC-Council and CompTIA which has allowed me to be very versatile around complex projects.
Still, one of my biggest passions is teaching, helping people understand technology and sharing best practices I have learned sometimes "the hard way". This is what motivates me to participate in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community and I believe we all can make an impact.
A great amount of my knowledge regarding Microsoft Dynamics CRM has been forged by helping people, challenging myself to find a solution for someone else has been a very effective learning tool.
The way I see it; the more I help, the more I learn. The more I know, the more I can help.
This is a "snow-ball" effect for me and it is the perfect tool on my pursuit to be better every day.
I am here to help you.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13