Microsoft is launching Perpetual Licensing for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013. Perpetual Licensing provides a step forward by simplifying how customers purchase NAV2013. The entire solution can be licensed via four core components: The Starter Pack, the Extended Pack, the Full User and the Limited User. Additional configuration components are also available.

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is only available under the new Perpetual Licensing model. When existing customers upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013, they will also need to transition from either Module Based Licensing or Business Ready Licensing to Perpetual Licensing using the transition upgrade path that depends on when customers first acquired their active Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution.

The License Migration Transition (LMT) upgrade applies to all customers who acquired their currently active Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution before October 1, 2012 irrespective of when customers choose to execute the upgrade. The LMT upgrade offers a simplified path that maps existing functionality and users to a new solution configuration that is at least comparable to the old configuration (except for discontinued functionality).

Migration of user type will be as:

• Concurrent User->Full User
  • Light User->Fill User
  • ESS User->Limited User

Where is problem? My colleagues often say they don’t know what is Starter functionality and where starting Extended pack. They are well known BRL functionality, but BRL and Perpetual are not exactly the same. BE and Starter are similar, also AM and Extended. But, there exist differences. Because, I prepare next comparative granule table (in attachmentu). I hope that this will help in your work.