Question Status

Unanswered
Neeraj.Sharma asked a question on 20 Feb 2009 2:11 AM

Hello i downloaded the VPC of NAV 2009 and got it activated over phone .

whenever i want to make some table,form etc. from object designer  it does not allow me to save.

i  always get the messge the you don't have permissions to create contact your system admin to change permissions.

I login with user : Administrator. 

Please suggest how i can make new tables,forms etc.

Daniel Rimmelzwaan [MVP] responded on 20 Feb 2009 6:35 AM

To be able to modify objects you need a developer license for NAV itself.

Neeraj.Sharma responded on 22 Feb 2009 8:23 PM

i am using licnese file W1-ZA-000-S9M50-Q which is demo one and provided with VPC that i downloaded

i also tried cronus.flf file but problem is as it is.

Daniel Rimmelzwaan [MVP] responded on 23 Feb 2009 6:05 AM

That's because that license is a demo license, not a developer license. There are objects that you can modify, but I don't know exactly which ones. There are threads about this topic on both www.mibuso.com and on http://dynamicsuser.net, a search should get you information about what you can do with the demo license. If you are a NAV partner then I suggest you use your own developer license. If you are an end user then I suggest you get your NAV partner involved to help you out further.

Erik Ernst responded on 13 Mar 2009 1:31 AM

The demo license file gives access to Microsoft Dynamics NAV functionality, with the following restrictions:

• You can only enter dates in November, December, January, and February.
  • The size of the database can be a maximum of 100MB.
  • You are only allowed to make 4000 write transactions in a database.

In addition, you can modify the following objects in the Object Designer:

• Table 18 can be modified. Fields from 99,990 through 99,999 can be inserted.
  • Forms 21 and 22 can be modified. Forms 99,998 and 99,999 can be inserted.
  • Report 101 can be modified. Report 99,999 can be inserted.
  • MenuSuite 90 can be inserted.
  • XML Port 99,999 can be inserted.

With the MSDN license, you can create new objects (tables, forms, reports, and so on) in the object range from 123,456,700 through 123,456,799. It is not possible to edit the standard Microsoft Dynamics NAV objects or the objects dedicated to customer solutions.

Best regards,
Erik P. Ernst- Navision / Microsoft Dynamics NAV MVP and freelancer