Question Status

Verified
Jim Chang asked a question on 25 Mar 2012 6:14 AM

Hi Sir,

I want to look for some examples to explain "return order process" on sales and purchase. Any video or manual?

Thanks!

Savatage99 [MVP] responded on 26 Mar 2012 1:25 PM

What do you want to know? How to put in a return order credit?

Jim Chang responded on 26 Mar 2012 6:13 PM

I want to know whole "return" process on sales and purchase...like return order to vendor then get replacement...how to realize it in NAV? Any kind of scenario on return order management?

Jim Chang responded on 27 Mar 2012 11:32 PM

Thanks! I saw your link and they're just introduction. Do you have demonstration? For instance, I want to return the defective items to the original vendor and receive replacements. I create purchase return order, then, in the first line, I type item/qty and "Appl.-to Item Entry" to revese exact cost; in the second line, I type the same item with negative qty. In both two lines, I need type the same unit cost as originally purchased? Or I needn't type unit cost because of using "Appl.-to Item Entry" ??

Savatage99 [MVP] responded on 28 Mar 2012 8:52 AM

First step would be hit F1 - on search tab type "purchase return order"

You should find a topic called "Creating a Purchase Return Order"

You'll see instructions with steps along with related topics such as:

-Assigning Exact Cost Reversing

-Creating a Purchase Allowance

-Creating a Replacement Purchase Order

-Posting a Purchase Return Order

-Creating a Corrective Purchase Invoice

It's eaiser for you to review & print this out then type it all out in a forum.

If after you review the HELP and you still have questions then respond back.

Jim Chang responded on 1 Apr 2012 12:38 AM

I try it according to online help...but it makes me confusion...For instance, PO received in location01(Normal), then defetive item moved to location99(Defetive)...now I want to return defetive item to vendor from location99. So, firstly  I created return purchase order through " Get Posted Document Lines to Reverse…" because it would assign "Appl.-to Item Entry" to revese exact cost...next,when I changed location01 to location99, "Appl.-to Item Entry" will disappear...how to do? Thanks!

Verified Answer
Savatage99 [MVP] responded on 3 Apr 2012 9:24 AM

perhaps this helps:  print it while it's available

www.pardaan.com/.../NAV%202009%20-%20Returns%20Management.pdf

Suggested Answer
Savatage99 [MVP] responded on 11 Apr 2012 10:52 AM

Was that PDF helpful to you?

LDKEMP responded on 21 May 2012 2:53 AM

Hello,

This document was helpful, however there were no instructions on how to create a sale credit for the sales order return.  Some time a customer want the money back for a damaged item not a replacement.

Savatage99 [MVP] responded on 21 May 2012 5:43 AM

What we do when a customer wants their money back instead of a credit is to make the credit.

Then do an inv type sales journal entry to wipe out the balance.  Use a gl account like "sales returns" which you should have or whatever account the credit hits.  Then we enter them as a vendor and create a vendor journal entry for the amount and use the same gl account. Then cut the check.

Verified Answer
Savatage99 [MVP] responded on 3 Apr 2012 9:24 AM

perhaps this helps:  print it while it's available

www.pardaan.com/.../NAV%202009%20-%20Returns%20Management.pdf

Suggested Answer
Savatage99 [MVP] responded on 11 Apr 2012 10:52 AM

Was that PDF helpful to you?