Return order process

This question is answered

Hi Sir,

I want to look for some examples to explain "return order process" on sales and purchase. Any video or manual?

Thanks!

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • What do you want to know? How to put in a return order credit?

• I want to know whole "return" process on sales and purchase...like return order to vendor then get replacement...how to realize it in NAV? Any kind of scenario on return order management?

• I'm not clear on exactly what you are looking for?  

Training? MS offers training see here:

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/customer/en-us/training.aspx

basic info:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CGEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.microsoft.com%2Fdocuments%2Fuk%2Fdynamics%2Fproducts%2Fnav%2FSupplyChainManagement%2FNavisionReturnsMgmt.pdf&ei=neJxT5a6Majj0QG_yKGZAQ&usg=AFQjCNGiH92zZUDFH8L33X-k_fZzCcEhhA&sig2=AqaHf7rqclJjCEPGcvH-1Q

• Thanks! I saw your link and they're just introduction. Do you have demonstration? For instance, I want to return the defective items to the original vendor and receive replacements. I create purchase return order, then, in the first line, I type item/qty and "Appl.-to Item Entry" to revese exact cost; in the second line, I type the same item with negative qty. In both two lines, I need type the same unit cost as originally purchased? Or I needn't type unit cost because of using "Appl.-to Item Entry" ??

• First step would be hit F1 - on search tab type "purchase return order"

You should find a topic called "Creating a Purchase Return Order"

You'll see instructions with steps along with related topics such as:

-Assigning Exact Cost Reversing

-Creating a Purchase Allowance

-Creating a Replacement Purchase Order

-Posting a Purchase Return Order

-Creating a Corrective Purchase Invoice

It's eaiser for you to review & print this out then type it all out in a forum.

If after you review the HELP and you still have questions then respond back.

• I try it according to online help...but it makes me confusion...For instance, PO received in location01(Normal), then defetive item moved to location99(Defetive)...now I want to return defetive item to vendor from location99. So, firstly  I created return purchase order through " Get Posted Document Lines to Reverseā€¦" because it would assign "Appl.-to Item Entry" to revese exact cost...next,when I changed location01 to location99, "Appl.-to Item Entry" will disappear...how to do? Thanks!

• perhaps this helps:  print it while it's available

www.pardaan.com/.../NAV%202009%20-%20Returns%20Management.pdf

• Was that PDF helpful to you?

• Hello,

This document was helpful, however there were no instructions on how to create a sale credit for the sales order return.  Some time a customer want the money back for a damaged item not a replacement.

• What we do when a customer wants their money back instead of a credit is to make the credit.

Then do an inv type sales journal entry to wipe out the balance.  Use a gl account like "sales returns" which you should have or whatever account the credit hits.  Then we enter them as a vendor and create a vendor journal entry for the amount and use the same gl account. Then cut the check.