Question Status

Suggested Answer
VFFJames asked a question on 6 Feb 2013 4:26 PM

Hi expert,

My tablet is Win8 version, after install Navision 2013, I tried to open RTC in this tablet. but program show me "A Server was not found at "net.tcp://localhost:7046/DynamicsNAV70/Service". Either the URL is incorrect or the server is current not avaliable"

But I can use this tablet to login Navision by IE.

Do I need upgrade Win 8 to Win 8 pro to join domain or need to change some configure to let RTC connect Nav server ?

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Neville Foyn responded on 6 Feb 2013 4:45 PM

Hi James

I think you are trying to connect to a remote NAV server and the path is set to localhost (I Assume you are not running the server on the tablet?)

You will see that the path that is in the error says localhost, where it says that, there should be the name of the server

What you should do is when the message pops up that it cannot connect, say no, then type the correct string into the box that appears

You can get the correct string by going to a user that is able to connect and clicking the dynamics icon (Top right of the open NAV Screen - just under the back and forwards buttons), Then click select server - this is the correct connection string to use on the tablet

Hope this helps

Nev

Neville Foyn
NAV Developer, Consultant & Trainer
MCTS NAV, CRM, Sharepoint, SQL
MCSA SQL 2012
MCITP NAV
MCT 

Suggested Answer
Neville Foyn responded on 6 Feb 2013 4:45 PM

Hi James

I think you are trying to connect to a remote NAV server and the path is set to localhost (I Assume you are not running the server on the tablet?)

You will see that the path that is in the error says localhost, where it says that, there should be the name of the server

What you should do is when the message pops up that it cannot connect, say no, then type the correct string into the box that appears

You can get the correct string by going to a user that is able to connect and clicking the dynamics icon (Top right of the open NAV Screen - just under the back and forwards buttons), Then click select server - this is the correct connection string to use on the tablet

Hope this helps

Nev

Neville Foyn
MCSA SQL 2012
MCITP NAV
MCT 

VFFJames responded on 6 Feb 2013 4:59 PM

Neville,

Thanks a lot, I tried to use IP address for "Localhost" or add the server name into "hosts" then use servername:7046/DynamicsNAV70, but still get same error. I tried a NB without domain ,and get same error. so do you have others idea ?

Ps. our Navision Server was built in a Hyper-V server.

James

Neville Foyn responded on 6 Feb 2013 5:59 PM

Hi

Hmm, the hyper V shouldn't be a problem,

So couple of questions,

Can other PC's currently connect?

(Do we need to be checking the server settings)

Are you on the network or connecting in via a web connection?

(Could that port or server not be exposed to the greater web)

If the problem is the domain you should be seeing a user / pass type error not a cant see server error, we setup a 2009 installation to work without a domain and until we got it working we were getting user / pass errors.

Cheers

Nev

Neville Foyn
MCSA SQL 2012
MCITP NAV
MCT 

VFFJames responded on 7 Feb 2013 8:34 AM

Neville,

1. Others PC on Domain is working

2. This Tablet in Company network (IP from DHCP)

like you said, maybe user name and password issue. because when I open IE to login Navision, Program will ask me user name and password, but when I open RTC, program will not ask user name and password before error message display. so how to set user name and password in this tablet ?

Thanks

John van Poelgeest responded on 3 Jul 2013 4:05 AM

In the %appdata%\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics  NAV\70 directory, there is a ClientUserSettings file. Change the lin     <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="Windows" /> to     <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="UserName" />, and the RTC should ask for credentials.

However, I don't think that's the problem: RTC first connects with the MiddleTier, and then checks for credentials. If credentials are not correct, it will say so.

But you say that other clients can connect. Surey, they are not connecting to your tablet, so you should not use localhost or something like that, but the name of the middletier. Check on other PC's to which they are connected

Natalie Karolak responded on 3 Jul 2013 6:49 AM

The system requirements for NAV 2013 mention Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise. Which one are you using?