NAV Webservice asks username & password

This question is answered

Hi;

I activated 2 Webservices. if I do a test on the server where NAV is installed, the web service responds. if I try from my pc, internet explorer asks me username and password.

the server's firewall is turned off!

What can I do?

Thank you, Rino

Verified Answer
  • Hi people!

Thaink you for your replays and sorry for my delay :-)

I think that my problem is ISA server and lan configuration, because the webservice works if i use in URL the server's IP ADDRESS instead the name :-(

I search reason of it and when I solve it, I'll update this post!!!

All Replies
  • which authentication type are you using?

If Microsoft Dynamics NAV is configured for Windows credential type, then users are automatically authenticated against the Windows account that their computer is running under, and they are not prompted for their credentials. For other credential types, users are prompted to enter a user name and password.

• I Use Windows Credential. From my pc, if I open the NAV client, I haven't problems and web client works too

:-/

• If you login in your PC with a user of a different domain or workgroup , webservice ask you a valid user and password of the server domain.

• hi,

are you using domain or workhroup ?

are you using Kerberos (dafult) or NTLM authentication ?

if are using Kerberos:

on Web Browser try to add your website address to "trusted sites"; after set on security "local intranet\user authentication" option: "user authentication with automatic logon on intranet".

-> now can can use your network kerberos ticket to open webservice page

------------------

Roberto Stefanetti

• I Use Windows Domain. As regards the type of authentication I'm not sure, but think that I use NTLM (where can I check it)

Regards

Rino

• Hi,

you can check your configuration here:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Administration  > select your Service > ex: DynamicsNAV71 > tab General > flag "use NTLM Authentication" > set flag to FALSE (to use Kerberos integrated authentication, the same of NAV Windows Client)

in your scvenario:

> you need only kerberos authentication in your scenario (NTLM set to FALSE) , you need only user mapped on NAV user (DOMAIN USER in your case)

> insert your site address on Trusted sites, after set in Local Intranet>custom level>user authentication>authomatic login with current user and password

> You can use "NETWORK SERVICE" to start your NAV service (and WS Services)

> Try to call NAV Web Services List, can you read page without input login\password ?

Example:

http://yourNAVserver:PORT/DynamicsNAV71/ws/services

- <discovery xmlns="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" xmlns:xsd="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance">

<contractRef ref="http://altea-nav2013:7061/DynamicsNAV71/ws/SystemService" xmlns="schemas.xmlsoap.org/.../" />

<contractRef ref="http://altea-nav2013:7061/DynamicsNAV71/ws/Codeunit/Mail"

</discovery>

NTLM

IF "Use NTLM Authentication" flag = TRUE

"Specifies whether NTLM authentication is enabled for SOAP and OData web services. Enable this setting if you are using PHP or Java to initiate a web services connection to Microsoft Dynamics NAV."

-> request always Login\Password, not working with Kerberos integration, in your scenario you need only kerberos.

------------------

Roberto Stefanetti

• HI,

Im Koh, Im new to WebServices.

My NAV is NAV6.0 R2 (2009), but I cannot find webservices, can help to advise how to setup and activate?

Thanks

Regards,

Koh

• hi Koh,

on NAV 2009 R2 (and R1) NAV WS (NAV web services) is a separate service, on NAV 2013 is all on one service (Client, WS, NAS etc.).

NAV WS is installed with NAV Server Installation

1) Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server   -> NAV service tier

2) Microsoft Dynamics NAV Business Web Services ->  NAV WS service handler

To configure WS: you need to insert your objects on 2000000076 Web Service table and check "Publish" (you can publish only codeunits and pages with NAV 2009 R2)

Configuration file is located on:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service

"CustomSettings.config  is configuration" file for NAV Service tier e WS Service

Web Service config section:

<add key="WebServicePort" value="7047"></add>

<!--

Turns on or off the https for Web Services

-->

<add key="WebServiceSSLEnabled" value="false"></add>

<!--

Maximum permitted size of a Web Services request, in kilobytes

-->

<add key="WebServicesMaxMsgSize" value="512"></add>

<!--

Turns on or off NTLM authentication protocol for Web Services

false: Use SPNEGO (recommended)

true: Use NTLM only

-->

<add key="WebServicesUseNTLMAuthentication" value="false"></add>

<!--

ex: if your Service tier is "DynamicsNAV"

http://localhost:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/Services   -> you can read all active and exposed WS services

------------------

Roberto Stefanetti

• Hi Roberto Stefanetti,

Thanks for your feedback. I have setup the web service successfully.

May I know is NAV 2009 (R2) is support to install web client ? I want to allow manager can view the NAV in the mobile phone and store people can do transaction in Mobile Barcode Terminal.

Please help

Regards,

Koh

• @Koh,

NAV Web Client is only for NAV 2013 & NAV 2013 R2 (NAV Framework is needed).

you can build a web custom application based (or windows application) on htlm, aspx, php etc. and consume standard NAV Web Services

ex: we have a custom web application to manage logistics&inventory written on ASPNET (that consume NAV Web Services publishing standard & custom NAV pages & codeunits)

you can find also an external nav module integration ex: "MobileNAV" or Others (search on internet)

------------------

Roberto Stefanetti

• Hi people!

Thaink you for your replays and sorry for my delay :-)

I think that my problem is ISA server and lan configuration, because the webservice works if i use in URL the server's IP ADDRESS instead the name :-(

I search reason of it and when I solve it, I'll update this post!!!