Question Status

Verified
Vanessa Shin asked a question on 24 Mar 2014 10:29 AM

Hi All,

I just feel curios that I posted 2 lines of G/L Account in Purchase Order (refer to first picture) but it only show 1 line in General Ledger Entries (refer to second picture). By the way, NAV 2009 allow to separate 2 lines in General Ledger Entries but why NAV 2013 cannot? Any solution on this if I want to show 2 lines in General Ledger Entries? Please advise.

Thousand thanks for any helps.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Vanessa

Verified Answer
Rashed responded on 24 Mar 2014 11:13 AM

Hello.  Without modification, you can assign a different Dimension to each line.  You can create a dimension called line no and assign different line no dimension to each line.  

You can also modify CU 90 and add the following line in function

UpdInvPostingBuffer()

//Change  this to

//IF InvPostingBuffer[1].Type = InvPostingBuffer[1].Type::"Fixed Asset" THEN BEGIN

//To this line

IF (InvPostingBuffer[1].Type = InvPostingBuffer[1].Type::"Fixed Asset" ) OR

(InvPostingBuffer[1].Type = InvPostingBuffer[1].Type::"G/L Account" )  THEN BEGIN

Verified Answer
Rashed responded on 24 Mar 2014 11:13 AM

Hello.  Without modification, you can assign a different Dimension to each line.  You can create a dimension called line no and assign different line no dimension to each line.  

You can also modify CU 90 and add the following line in function

UpdInvPostingBuffer()

//Change  this to

//IF InvPostingBuffer[1].Type = InvPostingBuffer[1].Type::"Fixed Asset" THEN BEGIN

//To this line

IF (InvPostingBuffer[1].Type = InvPostingBuffer[1].Type::"Fixed Asset" ) OR

(InvPostingBuffer[1].Type = InvPostingBuffer[1].Type::"G/L Account" )  THEN BEGIN

Vanessa Shin responded on 24 Mar 2014 6:23 PM

Hi Rashed,

Thanks for your assistance.

Best Regards,

Vanessa