Question Status

Suggested Answer
mktharakan asked a question on 22 Jul 2014 6:08 AM

Dear All

I did a sales order for a customer and Prepayment invoice is done . After that Cash is received is against prepayment invoice. But when I tried to ship and invoice this order , it shows Gen prod Posting Group must have a value in sales line. Document type order.doc no ..and line no ..It Cannot be zero or empty.

But I could directly ship and invoice for the same customer for same product from same location without a prepayment. so why after doing prepayment ,sales order could not be converted to invoice.

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 22 Jul 2014 6:35 AM

In which database? standard or customized?

I suggest to test this scenario in Standard Cronus database..

I tried it and working fine.

Suggested Answer
Thilina Perera responded on 23 Jul 2014 12:46 PM

For the prepayment G/L account, you must have to set a Gen. Prod Posting group. Try setting the relevant Gen. Prod. Posting group for the prepayment G/L accounts in your Chart of Account.

Suggested Answer
Mohana Yadav responded on 22 Jul 2014 6:35 AM

In which database? standard or customized?

I suggest to test this scenario in Standard Cronus database..

I tried it and working fine.

serendipity responded on 22 Jul 2014 8:32 PM

Hi,

Does the prepayment account have a value on the Gen. Prod. Posting Group on the Posting tab?

Melanie L. Umali-Tanglao Support Engineer Dynamics NAV Microsoft Asia Pacific, Greater China & Japan Email: v-meumal@microsoft.com
Suggested Answer
Thilina Perera responded on 23 Jul 2014 12:46 PM

For the prepayment G/L account, you must have to set a Gen. Prod Posting group. Try setting the relevant Gen. Prod. Posting group for the prepayment G/L accounts in your Chart of Account.