Guest post by Jemima Herman, Worldwide Partner Conference lead for the Microsoft U.S. Partner Team.

jemimagWhile the next Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference (WPC) is still several months away, planning for it began for the U.S. Partner Team in earnest in September (we gave ourselves the month of August to take a breath after having such a great time in Los Angeles). The Los Angeles WPC was my first experience as the lead for the U.S. Partner Team’s presence, although I have been involved as a virtual team member in the U.S. planning and execution of the Conference for several years.

This week, I am in the WPC 2012 host city of Toronto, Canada, with Pam Salzer, who runs WPC for the Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group, and my colleague on the Microsoft Canada team, Julie Lafleur. I am looking forward to touring the main Conference spaces—the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and the Air Canada Centre—and also spending time in other venues in Toronto to get a feel for the city and ideas for WPC 2012 events and activities for U.S. partners.

I will be snapping photos, capturing video, and taking notes throughout the week, and sharing some of those pics, clips, and thoughts with the U.S. WPC Community on Twitter (@wpcus), Facebook, and LinkedIn. The week of November 28, look for a follow-up post about my trip that will kick off a blog series about the U.S. partner experience at WPC 2012.

U.S. WPC Community

image   image   image   image