Posted by Jemima Herman, Worldwide Partner Conference lead for the Microsoft U.S. Partner Team.

The 2012 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference is just around the corner, and I couldn’t be more excited! This is definitely a pivotal year for Microsoft, and for partners. It’s an epic opportunity. One I’m incredibly proud to be a part of. Really, it’s the biggest year for Microsoft in several years. And that translates into unprecedented opportunity for you. I can’t wait until we’re all together in Toronto to talk about it!

What’s so special about this year?

So, what’s so different about this year? It’s going to be a year of big releases. Releases that will rock the industry. And, WPC is where we’ll be talking about them and our go-to-market strategies and plans, as well as the opportunities they present for each aspect of your business. To give you a snapshot, we’re talking about releases in:

It’s about catching up, and moving forward

I am looking forward to catching up with those of you I already know, and meeting those of you I don’t. I bet you feel the same way. WPC is the one time we’re all together in one place—you, other partners, and Microsoft team members and execs. It’s an unparalleled opportunity to uncover ways you can work together to move your business forward for the next year. And, with the roundtables and networking opportunities scheduled throughout the Conference, you’ll have the chance to ask your questions in person.

Just for you, U.S. partners!

You won’t want to miss the events we’ve planned specifically for our U.S. partners.

• U.S. Sub Track—on Thursday, July 12, three regional sessions and one national session for partners who serve SMB customers, plus 40 sessions focusing on the new releases and how you can use them to build your practice and grow your business.
  • U.S. Lounge—it’s a unique atmosphere, and a place to relax, recharge, and network. Meet U.S. partner team members who will be staffing the lounge and talk about business plans and opportunities sparked by the keynotes and sessions you attend.
  • U.S. Partner Celebration—at Roy Thomson Hall, right in the center of Toronto’s dining and entertainment district, on Tuesday, July 10, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. It’ll be a Caribbean-infused party, featuring amazing entertainment, food, and drink. It’s our thanks to you for your partnership.

WPC is just days away—I will see you there!