Question Status

Verified
Todd Jensen asked a question on 20 Mar 2013 9:54 AM

Hi all - anyone know of a way to make a custom button so that the polling exchange can be launched from the POS via a custom button?  

We want the cashiers to poll right after they Z out.  They are mobile and sometime forget to manually initiate the connection - if there was a button in the POS we feel they will more easily remember to process their worksheets before shutting down.

Thanks in advance,

Todd 

Verified Answer
Andy responded on 20 Mar 2013 11:06 AM

Todd,

1) Open Store Manager.

2) Go to Database > Registers > Custom POS Buttons

3) Create a new button

Style = External Program

Command: Browse to the HQClient.exe application. Normally located in...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe

4) Click OK to save your changes, restart the POS screen and test the button.

This is a batch file that I had created for one of my customers, I saved this batch file into the start up folder on the PC so it launches everytime they turn on the computer. Feel free to copy this text to create your own batch file.

@ECHO OFF

ECHO "60 second wait to allow the computer to boot up." PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 60000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch HQ Server for store comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe"

ECHO "30 second wait to allow the HQ Server to fully turn on" PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 30000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch the HQ Client for Bellevue Store comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe"

ECHO "30 second wait to allow the HQ Client to fully turn on" PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 30000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch HQ Voucher Server for store comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe"  -g 34210

ECHO "30 second wait to allow the HQ Voucher Server to fully turn on" PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 30000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch the HQ Client for gift card comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe"  -g

EXIT

Andy Miller | IT Systems
www.andymbos.com

Todd Jensen responded on 21 Mar 2013 9:19 AM

Thanks Andy - the batch file is a great help.

SDDXB responded on 2 Apr 2013 11:20 PM

Use this softwear "Restart on Crash" this has features which we cannot control from Batch.

Even HQ client or voucher client get closed by some user activity, this will monitor it and re open it.

www.portablefreeware.com

Verified Answer
Andy responded on 20 Mar 2013 11:06 AM

Todd,

1) Open Store Manager.

2) Go to Database > Registers > Custom POS Buttons

3) Create a new button

Style = External Program

Command: Browse to the HQClient.exe application. Normally located in...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe

4) Click OK to save your changes, restart the POS screen and test the button.

This is a batch file that I had created for one of my customers, I saved this batch file into the start up folder on the PC so it launches everytime they turn on the computer. Feel free to copy this text to create your own batch file.

@ECHO OFF

ECHO "60 second wait to allow the computer to boot up." PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 60000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch HQ Server for store comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe"

ECHO "30 second wait to allow the HQ Server to fully turn on" PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 30000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch the HQ Client for Bellevue Store comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe"

ECHO "30 second wait to allow the HQ Client to fully turn on" PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 30000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch HQ Voucher Server for store comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters\HQServer.exe"  -g 34210

ECHO "30 second wait to allow the HQ Voucher Server to fully turn on" PING 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 30000 >NUL

ECHO "Launch the HQ Client for gift card comunication" start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Retail Management System\Headquarters Client\HQClient.exe"  -g

EXIT

Andy Miller | IT Systems
www.andymbos.com