Does anyone ever answer these posts?

This question has suggested answer(s)

I have posted serveral messages over the past month and never received any reply to any of them. Does anyone actually scan this site for messages? Is it really up and running? I will try again to submit a question  but I do not have much hope of an answer coming back.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

All Replies
  • Have you ever shared a solution to someone else's problem on this forum?

• Repost your questions, but remember everyone that shares their expertise on here does it without any compensation. If you want help from anyone here you'll want to be less adversarial when posting. Otherwise nobody will take time to help you. I will say that I haven't seen any posts from you on here, and I check in daily.

• Yo Dick,

How can you complain about never receiving an answer to your questions, when you've only  posted twice to this RMS forum?  This whiny one and one about OPOS printer naming, a minute before.

Go back to complain on the GP forum if you're not getting your answers there. That's where it appears that you've asked about 15 questions.

If you are a RMS or GP reseller, (you said, a _client's_ problem on your OPOS question), why are you asking your questions on a Public end-user forum instead of a RMS or GP reseller forum where MS tech support answers your questions.  That's like asking your customers for an answer to help you fix their own problems!

-- Regards,

Jeff Hobbs
    Check Point Software

• With answers like this I might just stop using this thing permanently.  No one is whining here, just stating a fact. I started using this last fall and had a few good comments but then starting in November the few requests I had submitted went unanswered so I thought this site had been abondoned. The whole point of this sight is to share ideas with other professional resellers who will share their experiences. Having watched Microsoft reduce the number of support requests resellers get for their exorbitant partner fees year after year I thought this was worth a try.

I have probably been selling GP longer than you have been on this earth so please if you have nothing constructive to say, say nothing at all.

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

• Dick,

Which part did you not understand about that this is a _public_ end users forum, NOT a reseller forum. There are about a dozen resellers here that answer RMS end-user's questions.

A MS support person will not respond to any of your questions here unless you are registered _end user_.

If you want answers from a MS support person and you are a reseller, go to the appropriate reseller RMS or GP forums.  To find the appropriate site, log into PartnerSource or the Microsoft Partner portal.

Not sure what reseller fees you speak of, you only have to be a Registered Partner (free), purchase a Action Pack ($400 per yearish) and take your training to become a partner certified to sell and support the products. You then have access the the Resellers forum for all Dynamics products. There you _can_ exchange ideas with other resellers and get your Dynamics questions answered for free, at least in the RMS forum, most of the time.  About 200 RMS resellers hang out there, posting almost every day.  Looks like the GP group has about 850 resellers that are registered for their forum.

I see that you've never posted on either the GP or RMS reseller's forum, unless you are using a different name.

You've got me, I've never sold GP.  But I began selling TRS-DOS with TRS80 Model 1 computers (48k RAM) in 1979 while working at Radio Shack. At home I was still using a cassette tape to load programs (smallest one took ~ 5 minutes) for my Apple ][ that I purchased in 1978.  Ahh, the good old days!!

Do I win because I'm older and closer to death?

Edit: TRS-DOS required 48k of RAM, only 16k was needed for the cassette version. 

-- Regards,

Jeff Hobbs
    Check Point Software

• I guess you are not lucky enough to pay the huge partner fees we pay every year just to see the number of included support cases twindle down to next to nothing. I use to write code on a CPM based computer with only 8K of RAM. We would also look for ways to tighten our code. Nowadays, the solution is just to add memory. We can go all the way back to punch cards if you would like. At this point I will simply keep asking questions and hope to get a response. I just hate having to use up what few support incidents we have with Microsoft for non-critical support requests. I have gotten more responses on this one thread than I got in the past three months on the other ones. So it looks like this site is seeing more life than ever before!

• Jeff,

(OT) Thanks, you just made me feel young, My first computer was an Apple and it had a whopping 64K of RAM and TWO floppy disks!

Marc

• Richard,

I would say that if all your posts are as friendly as the ones on this thread, you will probably not have any better luck getting answers to any other questions you decide to ask here. I'm just glad I'm not the one paying you to come to a end user forum hoping to find solutions to the problems you should already know the answers too. Asking customers of other resellers how to fix your customers problems is pretty pathetic if you ask me. But hey, if it saves on your support costs, what the hell. You just better hope they don't find out about this forum themselves!

Craig

• You sir are an ignoramus. You post insulting comments solely for some perverted sense of pleasure. I asked a simple question due to lack of previous responses in using this community website. There was nothing more for which I was looking than to see if anyone actually replied to any questions posted here. I only wish I could get the same volume of responses to actual questions as I did to this useless post.

• Ouch!

It seems as if I hit a nerve!

I love this statement from your RBS website "We have the knowledge and experience to better unify the right accounting software with business owners, managers and their accountants." What you really should say is "We know of a forum where we can try and get you an answer, but the bastards won't answer any of my posts."

I was looking at your history on here and the GP forum, and I saw that you have not tried helping anyone with any answers at all, but many attempts by you to get help from others. The street is supposed to work both ways here Richard. When you expect others to take time out of their busy schedules to help you when you need it, you should be looking to share your expertise (?!) with others when you can. I can see no posts coming from you attempting to help anyone.

I may be an ignoramus, but at least I share my ignorance with others.

This has been fun, let's do it again sometime....

Craig

• I hope your pets have a higher opinion of you than I do. I rarely post anything in the RMS board. I would suggest you attend some anger management classes and refrain from flailing personal insults. There was absolutely no reason for any of your comments. As usual, there are always a few bad apples in every bussel.

• MarcR,

These were computers that I personally purchased.  Started using them in 1969 as a junior in high school.

I think the first computer we used with punch cards and paper tape had 1 or 2k of RAM..  College was a little better with 4k RAM, I think and dumb terminals all in a tiny "computer room" .

Fortran and COBOL forever!!!  ;-)

-- Regards,

Jeff Hobbs
    Check Point Software

• Dick or is it Rich Wheeler,

It appears that you don't answer many questions, but certainly ask a few.

http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?enc_user=STzshSUAAADZrRHFqC-QvzoWCXUcE3PQZdyLRy6NyCno_ViluAIw8iQmtDPqfgmT5Q-fNfFu6ec

Not one of them has an answer to a question by you except one comment to a question you made I found humorous;

From; http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/e5b34ebc8a57b8a6/b0b7ef98b1ceca12#b0b7ef98b1ceca12

I just happened to see this and was wondering what type of reseller would
    sell GP w/o any support? We do not even let our clients purchase GP w/o some
    training. This is a great place to get answers but if you ever get stuck
    again feel free to drop me an email.

Rich Wheeler
    RBS
    Ballston Lake, New York 12019
    rwhee...@rbsolutions.com

Now if you want to stay and play nice, so be it, but don't come in here insulting its members. Resellers offering their unpaid expertise and end-users offering their experiences..

-- Regards,

Jeff Hobbs
    Check Point Software

• This entire thread has gotten blown way out of proporation. I do not even know how I got in the RMS community. Nor do I know how you folks scan for open questions. There was never any training on how to use this board. When I have a question that does not require an immediate response, I submit the question. Somehow you have the ability to scan or to at least be alerted to new requests. Prior to this site coming on line I submit plenty of responses to questions. With this new site I have dropped questions and they have gone unaswered, just like the one I submitted yesterday. Feel free to enlighten me as to how you even became aware of this thread or how you obtain those statistics. I can only assume you must be a site admin. As far as I am concerned I have had my fill of this thread and just as well consider it ended.

• You guys are funny.  Anyway, in answer to your original question, yes people reply.  I have found this forum to be a great help.  And yes, I've tried suggesting a few answers too, and I hope they've been helpful to others.