Good morning everyone,
I have a problem in one of my 10 stores operations.
From time to time in the last 3 monthes, even if operations are running smoothly, the sales made in the store are not uploaded in HQ.
The results are showing in Store Manager, but nothing is going to HQ.
The connection logs show no problem, the worksheet 401 are going every hour as usual with nothing to interfere, HQ client and server are up.
The only thing that looks like a link between the problem is that it seems to happen more often on week end days, but not every time.
Other stores show no similar problem.
Does anyone have any idea what can cause the problem?
Have you tried running a backdated 401 worksheet?
Since you have 10 stores, ensure the connections are set to at least 15 minutes apart.
Thanks for your answer.
Basically, all connections are set to be 5 minutes apart, so that we have one connection per hour and per store.
one store will connect every hour at past 5, another one at past 10... and so one. No store is connecting at the same time.
By each connection set 15 minutes apart, do you suggest one store connects with a 15 minutes gap with the previous connection, or that the connection between 2 stores is with a 15 minutes gap between them?
Running a backdated 401 corrects the problem, until it happens again...
We narrowed it down to 2 types of error who disrupts the automatic creation of 401 in HQ for this stores.
These errors, 3704 and error 91, make the 401WK not complete, and then there is no creation of a new 401, then no upload is asked from HQ so the store is not sending its infos.
We are still trying to figure why these errors occur, and have not yet any idea. We did a check and a reindex of the DB in the shop, and of the HQ DB too. We are waiting to see if this corrected the problem (basically we are waiting to see if the error happens again...)
If you have any further idea of what can cause these errors, please let me know.
Did you ever get any further on this by chance? I have a similar setup (7 store locations with similar connection schedules) and am having the same problem from just one store. I'm finding a bunch of journals that are not coming over to the HQ side but have no idea why...they are on the store side (also messing with the HQ sales reports and etc).
The silly thing is that a backdated 401 is not fixing the problem and bringing them over...it seems like it is finding other things it needed to move, based on the HQ client window comments, but the date in question I am backdating for continues to not move those over.
I just did a re-index on the store side and am going to see if that does anything...but I have not done the index on the HQ side...was wondering if you saw any success with that?
Thanks much in advance,
I believe I made another topic, specialized in the 3704 error, as it was the source of the problem in my store.
Is it the same with your config? (one error 3704 prevents the next automatic 401 to be created, creating a non communication until someone sees the problem and makes a 401 worksheet from before the 3704 happened)
I don't think that is the problem in our store...we really don't get very many of those 3704 errors...in fact for November I only see one error for this particular store during a data upload and it was Error 91. But it seems there are at least 20 or more transactions missing per month for this store (November included). What is stranger is that the batches seem to be coming over complete with the correct information (totals for the day) so posting to accounting gets confused because the batches say one thing, but the total roll up of journals doesn't agree (these missing transactions are journals not coming over and therefore also not showing up in sales reports, etc).
Strange. I guess I thought maybe this would be related...maybe not. Perhaps I will need to contact Microsoft with this one.
Thanks for the information!
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13