[sorry, I have also posted this at: http://tinyurl.com/bay5wnb -- Microsoft really needs to improve how bugs can be reported, a human being at microsoft couldn't figure out how to either :-/ ]
I would like to report a bug in RMS SO Manager's Purchase Order editing screen:The
bug results in replacing of one item's part number with another's, so
that item info is corrupted. In short, wrong items will be ordered as a
result, as I can attest. Thankfully, this has only ever been fairly
inexpensive items that have come free freight, but this could create
huge headaches for RMS users! I finally figured out now reproduce this
bug at will:- Make three new items in your database (new so that
you don't screw up any existing items). Call them Item 1, Item 2 and
Item 3. Give them part numbers the same as their names to help you see
the bug in action. Assign the same supplier to them.- Next,
either "tag" all of them to be on a PO if you have DRS's PowerOps and
generate the PO for that supplier, and switch to Store Operations
Manager and open the PO.Alternately, in SO Manager, open a blank
PO, assign it to the supplier in question and manually add all three
items. Then save the PO and reopen it. I don't know if saving here is
required to reproduce the bug, but its how I did it (and how POs are
regularly used).- Now, open the PO and select the cell of the
second item's part number and HIT THE SPACE BAR (which is what you'd
have to do to copy the part number and check stock with a supplier's
website that doesn't have POS integration). You don't even have to copy
the part number to trigger this bug, but it you want to, go ahead. You
must hit the space bar, however in order to select the part number.-
Next, use Alt+TAB to switch applications. In actual use, I was going to
a web browser, to paste the part number into a search field and check
stock, but it doesn't matter what application you switch to to trigger
the bug.- Now switch back to SO Manager, and hit the delete
button on the PO (which you would do if the supplier's site reported
back that they were out of stock).POW! The second item is
removed from the PO, however when Item 3 "moves up," Item 2's part
number remains. If you save your PO at that point, guess what? You'll
order the wrong part, and change the part number for Item 3. The mistake
will keep happening until the part number is corrected.Obviously,
this is a significant problem. We need to be able to easily copy
information out of the PO window without having to export.
Good afternoon Adam,
Thank you for posting about a purchase order issue you are seeing.
In testing, on build 2.0.1003, I was also able to recreate this issue.
The easiest way to report product issues is to contact Technical Support; and you will not be charged if there is a product issue.
When you get a chance can you contact Technical Support in regards to this issue so that a hotfix request can be entered?
mbs.microsoft.com/.../newstart.aspx or by calling MBS support at: 1-888-477-7877.
Thank you in advance.
That is an unusual bug you have discovered, but I don't think there is an easy fix for it.
The behavior is likely due to general controls in use by RMS which cannot be altered.
As a workaround press Tab as soon as you copy the cell contents to remove the focus, then paste into your browser session.
If you return to the PO and click Delete, it won't alter the supplier reorder number.
I also suggest you try F2 (edit cell contents) to highlight the cell instead of Spacebar. This is less keystrokes since the contents are pre-selected, ready for cut and paste.
Unfortunately F2 does not resolve the Delete problem. You'll still need to use Tab as a workaround.
You can file bug reports on CustomerSource by starting a support incident or calling 888-477-7877.
MS does not charge you for the incident if you are reporting a bug.
I have noticed the same bug for quite a while now. You don't need to use the keyboard shortcuts to cause it though, simply click on the reorder #, press F2, right click copy. If you use these methods the same bug persists. When I am making new items and don't move from highlighting the reorder # in the PO before saving the new item the same thing will happen. However, if I change from highlighting the reorder # to any other field, ie. Item Description, it will not change. Very strange, dangerous bug that I now know can be replicated in at least two situations.
Thank you Solo for posting your thoughts; and than kyou Fishhead for posting you have also seen the same issue.
If you haven't already done so please report this issue by contacting Technical Support to open a support request: mbs.microsoft.com/.../newstart.aspx or by calling MBS support at: 1-888-477-7877.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13