Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011 Feature of the Week – Navigation Link
Why this feature is cool!
Now you can share the information from a Microsoft Dynamics SL screen with others. Send a link – just like a web address – to your coworkers so they can view the same information you are viewing.
Well why would you want to do this?
Suppose you are in the middle of entering a transaction like a GL journal, an AP voucher, an AR invoice or a purchase order. Maybe you want to confirm some information with a co-worker before posting or you don’t have time to finish the entry before you leave for the night. Now you can send a quick Navigation link with your co-workers (or yourself) via email.
How does it work?
1. Open any Microsoft Dynamics SL screen
2. Load the screen with the batch, document or item that you want to share
3. Click on the new Dynamics Action icon on the toolbar
4. Choose the new Navigation Link option and choose Desktop Shortcut
5. A desktop link icon will be added to the desktop
6. Copy the link into an email and send to your co-worker or yourself
7. The receiver of the link will click on the Icon to launch the Microsoft Dynamics SL screen with the specific item already loaded!
(Note: The User must be an authorized Microsoft Dynamics SL user.)
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13