I started getting the above error when accessing the Business Portal>Project Center>Project Communicator.
This was working earlier today and the only item I have been working on is getting the Search feature to crawl the sites.
Any ideas how to fix this? Here are no Event Viewer items listed except for Event ID 7043 regarding the Taxonomy Picker which I did fix with the , instead of the , so not sure why this keeps showing up.
Is this error message is related to Microsoft Dynamics CRM ?
I found this:
You may receive the following error message in the project pages of Business Portal for Microsoft Dynamics SL 2011:
Error: Invalid data returned by GetUserInfo call
This can be due to an incorrect URI Path value in the registry. To correct this:
1 - On the server hosting the Business Portal site, open Internet Explorer and go to the main BP page.
2 - Launch the registry editor by clicking start, run, and typing "regedit32"
3 - Browse to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Business Portal\Install folder in the registry
4 - On the right, there should be a "URIPath" key. This needs to be a valid URL to your business portal site. Modify this to match whatever URL you used to load BP in step 1
5 - Now try the project pages again.
Which took care of the "Invalid data returned by GetUserInfo call" from showing up in the Project Communicator but when I select Expenses, "Invalid data returned by GetUserInfo call" shows up under the Expense Report List header.
In SharePoint, Business Portal is listed as http://server:8081. The URIPath in the Registry had http://server:8081/BusinessPortal and I changed it to https://bp.server.com/BP
Any other ideas?
Just lastnight I had this same issue, I had my settings ton URI Path to https://mysite.myhost.com.
Every call to projects was giving me this issue, though calls to the Finicial's seemed to work just fine.
After a call with my VAR we were able to see that a few things had to be updated for it to work properly.
1st was projects seems to only work when you refer to the BP URLs in the registery with the local hostname i.e http://myBox:8080
2nd when you do this you have to make sure that in the SharePoint Alt Access Mappings that you have on the given Web Application provided this updated internal URL.
3rd test out your local URL to ensure you can access your site as normal
4th update the registery as in your step #3 but for both SiteCollection AND URIPath set it to the new hostname URL i.e. http://myBox:8080
5th now hopefuly enjoy your now working BP install!
Hope this helps you out.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13