Question Status

Verified
Deb Lashua asked a question on 25 Mar 2013 7:25 AM

Receiving Crystal Reports error Vendor Code 512 - failed to retrieve data from database on canned AP Period Sensitive Aging. I have tried saving the canned report as a custom report in the USR Reports folder and updated datasource location.

Butch Adams responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:22 AM

Could there have been a modification to the underlying queries to customize another report recently? This error can be caused by an underlying SQL problem. If you can or you have IT available, try to capture a profiler trace for clues as to what could be happening.

Butch Adams
www.conexussg.com

Follow me: @butch_adams

Verified Answer
Deb Lashua responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:27 AM

Hi Butch,

No there were no modifications. I was able to determine (from Microsoft) that this is a bug (#18769). They provided me with a script to update the stored procedure.

Butch Adams responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:39 AM

Do you have an example of the scenario that bug describes - Voiding the same prepayment twice? Or could it have been cause by something else?

Butch Adams
www.conexussg.com

Follow me: @butch_adams

Deb Lashua responded on 25 Mar 2013 10:11 AM

The view pulls information from another view, vr_03681_docs.  Within that vr_03681_docs view, there is a subquery that could return more than one value if a prepayment is paid with a check, that check is voided, and then the prepayment is paid with a second check.  

utenjm responded on 6 Jan 2014 11:59 AM

Hi Deb,

what was the script? I am currently experiencing the same issue, but I haven't found it online at all. thanks

Deb Lashua responded on 6 Jan 2014 12:53 PM

I am sorry, I did not keep the script. You will need to contact Microsoft and mention Bug #18769

Verified Answer
Deb Lashua responded on 25 Mar 2013 8:27 AM

Hi Butch,

No there were no modifications. I was able to determine (from Microsoft) that this is a bug (#18769). They provided me with a script to update the stored procedure.