Question Status

Verified
Joseph Anderson asked a question on 3 May 2013 12:49 PM

Hi,

Does Microsoft Dynamics SL have web services? If so, how do I access them and use them in C#?

Verified Answer
Blaine Bryant responded on 6 May 2013 9:03 AM

Hello,

The best information to be found for Web Services is available in the user guide. If you have not done so yet run the original downloaded Dynamics SL Setup, and install the user guides. By default, they install in the application folder of SL on the server. this is located here on my machine: (\\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\SL\Applications\User Guides). Then in this folder there will be a Web Services Guide.

Let me know how it goes.

Blaine

Technical Support Engineer

**This posting is provided " AS - IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Verified Answer
Blaine Bryant responded on 6 May 2013 9:03 AM

Hello,

The best information to be found for Web Services is available in the user guide. If you have not done so yet run the original downloaded Dynamics SL Setup, and install the user guides. By default, they install in the application folder of SL on the server. this is located here on my machine: (\\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\SL\Applications\User Guides). Then in this folder there will be a Web Services Guide.

Let me know how it goes.

Blaine

Daniel Gonzalez responded on 19 Jul 2013 3:00 PM

i don't have that guide

Blaine Bryant responded on 23 Jul 2013 4:32 PM

It is available by installing the user guide from your SL Setup Download.

Blaine

Cliveo responded on 26 Feb 2014 11:19 AM

Is there any other documentation available for SL web services? The documentation provided within the user guide is sparse and disjointed, There is no description of the Microsoft.Dynamics.SL.WebServices library, no explanations of whats available to developers nor the expected process flow of services and how they are connected in detail. There is an example using for StateService using SL security libraries but no documentation regarding their use or requirements. eg. The documentation gives a description of a filter class and its filterRestriction property takes a string argument but there is NO explanation of its expected context or format. The documentation leaves little to learn and raises more questions than anything.

Yours Sincerely

Frustrated SL Developer.

Brian Wharton responded on 17 Mar 2014 2:03 PM

the Dynamics SL web services are somewhat limited in what they can do.  You can see more about web services that Catalina Technology has here:  www.catalinatechnology.com/ws.aspx

There are web services for order management, AR, AP, GL, Inventory, Project, Service, and a few others.  Catalina also will develop custom services to meet your needs.