Question Status

Suggested Answer
Randall Wade asked a question on 9 Jul 2013 10:38 AM

I am looking for ways to update several thousand inventory items with new Product Class ID's and account codes (Inventory/COGS/Sales Acct).

Are there any methods for doing such an operation without having to adjust all items out of inventory and remove them from work or sales orders first?

Suggested Answer
Blaine Bryant responded on 15 Jul 2013 2:01 PM

There is a tool available to help you with this. It is called PSTL. It is available for free through your MS Dynamics Partner.

Blaine

Technical Support Engineer

**This posting is provided " AS - IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Randall Wade responded on 22 Jul 2013 1:40 PM

Blaine:

Thank you for the suggestion. The PSTL is an amazing set of tools which helps me with several items I have been wanting to correct for a VERY long time. However, my original issue isn't really addressed with the tool, and perhaps I was not clear enough as to my intention.

I have say 1000 inventory ID numbers in product class 'Class 1', and I would like to move these items into 'Class 2'. Mind you there will still be other items in 'Class 1' so I am not looking to change the class itself, nor fully merge it with another class, I simply need to move the 1000 IDs into 'Class 2' so that the accounts (inventory, sales, COGS) will align with the setting of this new class ID.

I hope that clears up what I am trying to do.

Blaine Bryant responded on 22 Jul 2013 1:58 PM

That is the only tool we have to change item classes.

Blaine

Blaine

Suggested Answer
Blaine Bryant responded on 15 Jul 2013 2:01 PM

There is a tool available to help you with this. It is called PSTL. It is available for free through your MS Dynamics Partner.

Blaine