Unable to install business portal 5.1 on Solomon 2011 SP2

This question is answered

Hello everyone

I am trying to install business portal for my Solomon 2011 SP2. I had 1 system database and 1 application database, and i have more than 10 companies inside this 2 database, During the installation of the business portal 5.1, a error message as below shows.

One or more companies defined in the database (System database) on server (Computer Name) do not meet requirements. Each company listed in the system database must have a corresponding company database. In addition, the Microsoft Dynamics SL version must be 2011.

Please help, Thank You.

Regards

Kuan yi

Verified Answer
  • Hi Kuan yi,

Take a look at the GLSETUP.S4Future01 field.  Try updating that field to 8.0 and see if the install will run.  

Also, take a look and see what records are in the mbfinstalleddatabases table.  Are all the application databases listed in that table?

Carolyn

Technical Support Engineer

**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

All Replies
  • Hi Kuan yi,

Take a look at the GLSETUP.S4Future01 field.  Try updating that field to 8.0 and see if the install will run.  

Also, take a look and see what records are in the mbfinstalleddatabases table.  Are all the application databases listed in that table?

Carolyn

Technical Support Engineer

**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

• Caroyln,

Do you have any other suggestions?  I confirmed the S4future01 is set to 8.0 in all the application databases.  The MBFinstalleddatabases table does not exist.

Thanks!

• Hello Jenni,

In the domain and company tables are there any orphaned or invalid records (the db name was changed or the servername was changed) For instance you changed the database names and restored them to a different sql server and these tables contain the old db names or sql server names. Otherwise I'd suggest you open a case in support for the Business Portal installation team for help.