help - Wildcard for account in inventory receipt

This question is answered

Hi there,

need help please.

i've created inventory accounts for each product class.

can I make:

- each transaction in Inventory receipt, the transaction will affect to inventory account in the product class, not to inventory account on IN Setup.

is there a wildcard for this? or I can use another method.

thanks in advance

Verified Answer
  • Hello Rodi

As per the standard, during Inventory transactions, the system will affect the Inventory account defined under the product class.

Please find below the cause for your scenario.

i) The Product class has been created with default Inventory Account from IN setup and defined to Inventory Items already.

ii)After that the Inventory account has been changed in Product Classes

iii) So the changed  Inventory account from product class has not been updated for an existing Inventory Items

Solution:

1) Take a backup of your application database

2) Execute the below select query in Solomon Application database and if this query returns any records then follow the step 3

--Select Query

Select Inventory.InvtID, Inventory.Descr,Inventory.ClassID, Inventory.InvtAcct 'Invt Acct From Inventory',ProductClass.DfltInvtAcct 'Invt Acct From Product Class' FRom Inventory LEFT OUTER JOIN ProductClass ON ProductClass.ClassID =Inventory.ClassID  

Where ProductClass.DfltInvtAcct  <> Inventory.InvtAcct  

3) Execute the below update query in Solomon Application database and check the Inventory Transaction Impacts

Update Inventory Set InvtAcct=ProductClass.DfltInvtAcct , InvtSub=ProductClass.DfltInvtSub  FRom Inventory LEFT OUTER JOIN ProductClass ON ProductClass.ClassID =Inventory.ClassID  

Please check it and leave your feedback.

Thanks

Santhosh D

All Replies
  • Hello Rodi

As per the standard, during Inventory transactions, the system will affect the Inventory account defined under the product class.

Please find below the cause for your scenario.

i) The Product class has been created with default Inventory Account from IN setup and defined to Inventory Items already.

ii)After that the Inventory account has been changed in Product Classes

iii) So the changed  Inventory account from product class has not been updated for an existing Inventory Items

Solution:

1) Take a backup of your application database

2) Execute the below select query in Solomon Application database and if this query returns any records then follow the step 3

--Select Query

Select Inventory.InvtID, Inventory.Descr,Inventory.ClassID, Inventory.InvtAcct 'Invt Acct From Inventory',ProductClass.DfltInvtAcct 'Invt Acct From Product Class' FRom Inventory LEFT OUTER JOIN ProductClass ON ProductClass.ClassID =Inventory.ClassID  

3) Execute the below update query in Solomon Application database and check the Inventory Transaction Impacts

Update Inventory Set InvtAcct=ProductClass.DfltInvtAcct , InvtSub=ProductClass.DfltInvtSub  FRom Inventory LEFT OUTER JOIN ProductClass ON ProductClass.ClassID =Inventory.ClassID  

Please check it and leave your feedback.

Thanks

Santhosh D

• hi,

thanks for reply.

I've created 1 inventory id (for trial), and create product class with specific inventory account  (Not standard / default as in IN Setup).

I created Product class first, then inventory with that new product class. So new inventory ID has inventory account same with new product class.

I make inventory receipt, after released, I checked into intran table and found the account (for that entry/batch) is same with IN setup, not use Inventory account on that Inventory ID.

any advice?

thanks.

• is there wild card for inventory account, so every transaction that involce inventory account will follow / use inventory account on that inventory item?

thanks in advance

• Hello Rodi

The Product Class accounts default from IN Setup (10.950.00) when a new Product Class is created.

The default accounts can be changed. Certain general ledger accounts can be defined at multiple levels.

For example, the Inventory account can be defined at four different levels:

> IN Setup (10.990.00),

> Product Classes (10.280.00)

> Inventory Items (10.250.00)

> Inventory Sites (10.255.00)  

When selecting the Inventory account to assign to a transaction, the software searches from the lowest level to the highest as follows:

Inventory Sites (10.255.00), Inventory Items (10.250.00), Product Classes (10.280.00), and IN Setup (10.950.00).

Please check the defined Inventory Acct in a above manner and let me know

Thanks

Santhosh D

• thanks for help. now there is another problem /issue for me.

1. if I:

- make setup from the beginning. I set the IN Setup use global inventory account

- make product class, and define the inventory account for each product class (each product class has its own inventory account).

- make entries for all available sites and warehouse bin location

- upload (by transaction import) the inventory items, with define product class (as we know, there is field class id on the inventory item screen) for each inventory item.

a. what will be filled on each inventory item, for inventory account? it will be filled by inventory account on product class or on IN setup?

b. what will be filled -on each inventory item and each site-, in inventory sites screen, for inventory account? it will be filled by inventory account on product class or on IN setup?

2. for inventory items which already stored, but has empty balance for each site. how to change the inventory account for each inventory item-inventory site on inventory sites screen? can I do via batch command/something like query?

3. for the future, if I change inventory account on each product class. when I make new inventory item,

a. will the inventory account in inventory item screen follow the inventory account based on its product class? or still follow inventory account on IN Setup?

b. how about inventory account in the inventory sites screen, for each inventory item-inventory site? what will be filled on there?

4. if there is new transaction, which involve existing inventory item, but new site. how the transaction will be logged for?

a. in Item site, system will generate new entry for that existing inventory item with new site, correct? how about the account? will it use account in that inventory item?

b. intran, same as above, how the system record for the accounts?

sorry for many questions. thanks in advance

• Thanks for your confirmation

Regarding your questions

1) a& b Syste will define the Inventory Acct from Product class (even you load the Inventory by TI)

2) You can write a query to update & execute it

3) Then changed Inventory Account from Product class has been assigned in both Inventory & Inventory Sites.

For Query : You can check my previous reply .. to update the Inventory Acct which not equivalent to Product class Inventory Acct

Thanks

Santhosh D

• Hi,

I've updated table Inventory and itemsite for inventory account. Also I've updated inventory account for each product class on product class screen.

Just want to make sure, is there any screen / table I need to update? so in the future, for new inventory or new inventory site, inventory account for them will be same with inventory account on product class.

thanks in advance

• Hi Rodi

That's enough.

Thanks

Santhosh D

• thank you very much.