Our central IT department recently changed a bunch of users' active directory names, and now they can't log into the dynamics system I'm responsible for.
I'm trying to change their Windows User name in the User Maintenance Screen, but doing that results in "System Message 9891":
<username> is the default Microsoft Dynamics SL user for <AD user>, please define a new default Microsoft Dynamics SL user for <AD user> before deleting or updating <username>.
I don't want to have to create a bunch of new users and re-setup their permissions if there's an easier way, but I can't find any reference to this error or how to get around it.
Follow the below steps to handle this scenario easier.
1) Take all the SL UserID's using the below query.
Select UserId,UserName From UserRec Order By UserId
(execute the above query in SL System Database)
2) Copy the Query results in to Excel and insert the appropriate Windows Acct (DomainName\USerName) next to the Userame for each UserID
2) Form the Update Query based on the excel data.
Update UserRec SET WindowsUserAcct ='DOMAIN\USERNAME' Where UserId ='SLUSERID'
3) Execute the above update statement under SL System database.
4) Open the Database Administration Screen and connect the appropriate Server credentials
5) Under the Update Database Tab select the correct SL System and Application Dbs
6) Select the "Synchronize All Ownership & Security" scenario and Click the Update Database button
7) During the synchronizing process system will map the new windows user account with SL DB (SQL)
8) You can verify this after the process done.
Hope this Helps
Thanks & Regards
That seems like it should work, and I can do all of that except the Database Administration screen has no tabs, so I assume you meant Database Maintenance, as referenced by countless other articles with this sort of issue.
Problem is, I can't find the Database Maintenance screen anywhere; I've logged in as myself (an administrator) as well as the sysadmin account, and neither has that screen available.
We're running Dynamics SL 2011
You can find that Dynamics SL Dtabase Maintenance screen under Control panel-> Administrative Tools
and follow the steps as mentioned above.
Hope this helps