I am very new to MS Dynamics SL. My company had hired consultants to develop our environment. We are currently looking to become more independent at this point.
I'm trying to determine how to do the following:
1) When I hit F3 on the Purchase Order Maintenance->Project text field it pops up with a populated table. I want to make it so that:
a) The description field is searchable - currently it returns the third row if I enter a letter and hit TAB.
b) All fields are searchable with wildcards.
2) I'd like to know what's involved in implementing my own search function if #1 isn't doable. I'd like to know if I can simply pop up a new window that auto-populates as the user enters characters. I assume I can do this with VB code under customization.
3) I'd like to know how to add templates. We recently ran SP2 to alleviate crashing when looking at customization properties. Ever since then two of our Accounts Receivable templates won't load. I can't tell if they were corrupted or if they are looking for different files names ...
I'm hoping I can simply delete the current templates and relink them to the file locations.
I want to get the description field to be searchable
You can assign the Run time PV on SAFTextbox control in Dynamics SL. You have to do the code on key press event of SAFTextbox control.
cProject.Pv = PvRec name with parameters which you want to pass into the PVRec
Hope this may help you.
Hello John Frain,
Below is my answers for your questions.
You can use the Project ID; Customer ID & Description look up for searching operation by clicking the column Header on Possible value lookup.
For Example: If you want to search the project that starts with “ESA”, you can simply click the Project ID column Header and type the “ESA” name on Project look up. The possible value look up displays the project that starts with “ESA”
Question # 2
If you want to include your own search option on project field, you have to do the simple customization in PO maintenance screen.
You have to use the VBA code for the standard screen customization.
Question # 3
Follow the below steps to create the report template on Dynamics SL Reports
1. Open the any report in Dynamics SL and this will open up the ROI.Exe of particular report.
2. Go to Select tab and Enter the Field name , Operator and value
3. Go to Template Tab and Click Save Template button
4. Opens up the Save template Popup box and enter the template name, Description & check/uncheck the Public checkbox of Save Template popup screen.
Hope this will help you. Please let me know if you want any assistance on this.
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.
you are always welcome. It's pleasure to help you on your issue.
What I'd like to do is get it to search a little smarter. I'd love to be able to just start typing in the field and have it popup with anything that contains those words in any order in any field. I'm guessing that I can't really customize that aspect of it. Only finding things that start with those characters is fairly limiting.
I believe, we can use the Auto Complete control to achieve this functionality using Visual Studio Dot Net.
We have to develop the new text box control using auto complete control in Dot Net Technologies.
I haven't tried this before in my development. You can follow the below link and you will get some idea.
Hope this will help you
Actually, I just discovered how to create my own PV entry in the CSV file, but it seems to always get an empty string for @parm1.
My hope was that @parm1 would be the first string entered into the textbox before hitting F3.
If I get nowhere with that I can look into your links. But when we migrated to SL, we were hoping to keep the same functionality we had, which was to simply start typing words and get an updated list of only matches in multiple fields.
Is there any documentation to help developers with the underlying VB Solomon API? I can figure out the VB, but figuring out what's available and seeing examples of some simple stuff would be nice.
You can find the customization manager & CustomizationMgrReferenceVBA pdfs on UserGuides folder of SL Root folder.
The path might be the below on your system if you already installed the user Guides on your system.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\SL\Applications\User Guides