Question Status

Suggested Answer
Sharon asked a question on 25 Aug 2014 5:30 PM

I have a default project task already set but I do not want to do an f3 in the field, I would like it to auto populate to the default if a project number is input.  The task field is not visible unless a project is input for the invoice.  Is this possible?

Suggested Answer
Rick Kerns responded on 25 Aug 2014 5:53 PM

Sharon,

This should be possible using Customization Manager.  You simply add some code to the check event for the project number field.  You would test ChkStrg for a non-blank value and then call SetOjectValue("ctaxiddflt","xxxxxx")

xxxxxx would be the task id you want for that project.  If the task id is based on the PV choices for the entered project then you would have to either use something like a case statement in the check event code you are adding or use the PVChkFetch function.  I have not done something exactly like this so I do not have a good code example but I have set a subsequent field based on what is entered into the current field.

Suggested Answer
Santhosh Dharmar responded on 26 Aug 2014 12:36 AM

Hi Sharon

We can do this using Customization Manager in the following 2 ways

1) You can use the Setobjectvalue/Setbuffervalue functions as Rick mentioned below.

2) Simply specify the default project value in that Project Control -> Default property.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh D

Sharon responded on 27 Aug 2014 8:28 AM

Thank you!

Sharon responded on 27 Aug 2014 8:29 AM

Thank you this worked.

Suggested Answer
Rick Kerns responded on 25 Aug 2014 5:53 PM

Sharon,

This should be possible using Customization Manager.  You simply add some code to the check event for the project number field.  You would test ChkStrg for a non-blank value and then call SetOjectValue("ctaxiddflt","xxxxxx")

xxxxxx would be the task id you want for that project.  If the task id is based on the PV choices for the entered project then you would have to either use something like a case statement in the check event code you are adding or use the PVChkFetch function.  I have not done something exactly like this so I do not have a good code example but I have set a subsequent field based on what is entered into the current field.

Suggested Answer
Santhosh Dharmar responded on 26 Aug 2014 12:36 AM

Hi Sharon

We can do this using Customization Manager in the following 2 ways

1) You can use the Setobjectvalue/Setbuffervalue functions as Rick mentioned below.

2) Simply specify the default project value in that Project Control -> Default property.

Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards

Thanks & Regards

Santhosh D