Question Status

Verified
Lvigg asked a question on 6 Feb 2015 1:28 PM

I am looking for some guidance/training for using the Project Series - Project Controller, Allocator, Communicator, Flexible Billings, and Time and Expense for Projects.  Where is the best place to find a training course or demo video of start to finish - preliminary setup, every day use, maintenance etc...  I have been unable to locate anything other than the User Guides.

Suggested Answer
Mark E responded on 6 Feb 2015 3:06 PM

Have you reviewed the Student Training Materials section of CustomerSource?

mbs.microsoft.com/.../student-training-materials

Lvigg responded on 9 Feb 2015 6:10 AM

I did review the documents - many of the links no longer work or are for a different module - 2015 not 2011.  I am looking for demo/training for 2011 Project Series Modules.

Verified Answer
Mark E responded on 10 Feb 2015 11:50 AM

I was able to download the SL 2011FP1 Project Management & Accounting Training Materials from the following link:

mbs.microsoft.com/.../coursePMASL2011

This is essentially the same course I took years ago, when it was offered as a 5 day instructor led course.  If you take the time to go thru each chapter, and follow the labs, it should get you closer to understanding the Project Series, which is very complex in its design.

I don't think you will find any training videos that are as in depth as the materials in this course.  There is too much information to cover.

Lvigg responded on 12 Feb 2015 7:31 AM

Thank you Mark.  I asked someone else to download for me as I have no access to do so; unfortunately.  But yes a lot of data.  I ended up using the Demo video for 2015 which was excellent.  Now I will look at all the materials for 2011.  Thanks again.

Verified Answer
Mark E responded on 10 Feb 2015 11:50 AM

I was able to download the SL 2011FP1 Project Management & Accounting Training Materials from the following link:

mbs.microsoft.com/.../coursePMASL2011

This is essentially the same course I took years ago, when it was offered as a 5 day instructor led course.  If you take the time to go thru each chapter, and follow the labs, it should get you closer to understanding the Project Series, which is very complex in its design.

I don't think you will find any training videos that are as in depth as the materials in this course.  There is too much information to cover.

Suggested Answer
Mark E responded on 6 Feb 2015 3:06 PM

Have you reviewed the Student Training Materials section of CustomerSource?

mbs.microsoft.com/.../student-training-materials