Question Status

Suggested Answer
Samantha Shelley asked a question on 30 Nov 2011 10:30 AM

We are using SL 2011 installed on each client via RemoteApp on Terminal Services and when a user prints a report it takes a very long time. For example: user just printed an Aging report and it took 26 minutes to print. She has a brand new Dell printer (HPs take a long time too). Anyone know why this could be or how I can fix this?

Chris McCoy responded on 5 Jan 2012 10:28 AM

Bump

Suggested Answer
Don DeCarlo responded on 6 Jan 2012 10:54 AM

Dear Samantha

Check the hotfixes for SL 2011.  I sometimes find solutions there for problems with 2011.

Thanks

Don

Don DeCarlo | Partner | Telephone:412-945-0063 | Email:don@decarlosoftware.com

Suggested Answer
Sandra Gregory responded on 3 Jul 2012 11:17 AM

In the past we had to install the SL Server Application on the Termial Services Server in order to maintain the performance for the clients (via RemoteApp). Perhaps try that. I would mean that both the SL Application Server and the Termial Services Server would have to be updated with any SL custom report, hotfixes, etc.

Suggested Answer
Don DeCarlo responded on 6 Jan 2012 10:54 AM

Dear Samantha

Check the hotfixes for SL 2011.  I sometimes find solutions there for problems with 2011.

Thanks

Don

Don DeCarlo | Partner | Telephone:412-945-0063 | Email:don@decarlosoftware.com

Suggested Answer
Sandra Gregory responded on 3 Jul 2012 11:17 AM

In the past we had to install the SL Server Application on the Termial Services Server in order to maintain the performance for the clients (via RemoteApp). Perhaps try that. I would mean that both the SL Application Server and the Termial Services Server would have to be updated with any SL custom report, hotfixes, etc.