Question Status

Suggested Answer
Samantha Shelley asked a question on 30 Nov 2011 10:30 AM

We are using SL 2011 installed on each client via RemoteApp on Terminal Services and when a user prints a report it takes a very long time. For example: user just printed an Aging report and it took 26 minutes to print. She has a brand new Dell printer (HPs take a long time too). Anyone know why this could be or how I can fix this?

Suggested Answer
Don DeCarlo responded on 6 Jan 2012 10:54 AM

Dear Samantha

Check the hotfixes for SL 2011.  I sometimes find solutions there for problems with 2011.

Thanks

Don

Don DeCarlo | Partner | Telephone:412-945-0063 | Email:don@decarlosoftware.com

Suggested Answer
Sandra Gregory responded on 3 Jul 2012 11:17 AM

In the past we had to install the SL Server Application on the Termial Services Server in order to maintain the performance for the clients (via RemoteApp). Perhaps try that. I would mean that both the SL Application Server and the Termial Services Server would have to be updated with any SL custom report, hotfixes, etc.

Chris McCoy responded on 5 Jan 2012 10:28 AM

Bump

Suggested Answer
Don DeCarlo responded on 6 Jan 2012 10:54 AM

Dear Samantha

Check the hotfixes for SL 2011.  I sometimes find solutions there for problems with 2011.

Thanks

Don

Don DeCarlo | Partner | Telephone:412-945-0063 | Email:don@decarlosoftware.com

Suggested Answer
Sandra Gregory responded on 3 Jul 2012 11:17 AM

In the past we had to install the SL Server Application on the Termial Services Server in order to maintain the performance for the clients (via RemoteApp). Perhaps try that. I would mean that both the SL Application Server and the Termial Services Server would have to be updated with any SL custom report, hotfixes, etc.