We just upgraded to Dynamics SL and we have a custom report for Invoce print. This report replaces report BI.010 and we named it BI.017.
Most of the time the report works we have two invoices that for some reason we get an error - Database Connecotr Error: 'HY010:[Microsoft][ODBC driver manager] function sequence error'
I am new to Dynamics SL so I have a couple of questions:
1) how do I find where it says to use report BI.017 and not BI.010?
2) There are parameters in BI.INV.00 that get used in the crystal report. I am assuming that the application is generating the SQL and replacing the SQL in the Crystla Report with what is generated . Is there a way to see what BI.INV.00 is generating?
2) could this be an ODBC driver issues?
When I try to run the report in Crystal Report Desinger it works ok but I know am getting different results so I know that my query or selectioon criteria is not the same.
Here are the answers to your questions:
1. The invoice format is specified per project in Billiing Information Maintenance. You can look up the Invoice Format in Invoice Format Maintenance to see which report is being used by that particular format.
2. As to the Function Sequence error and what is BIINV generating, I would suggest running a trace using SQL Profiler. We offer a template for SQL Profiler which gives the details you would need to figure out what is causing the error. You can locate the template and instructions at the following link. Pick the how-to article that matches your version of SQL Server.
3. I'm thinking the problem is more of a data issue. I found another case in which the problem was caused by records in the PJINVTXT table. This is just a guess.
Let me know what you find in the trace.
Technical Support Engineer
**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
Was there any resolution to this? we are getting the same error.
Admiral Consulting Group
Did you run the trace using SQL Profiler as I suggested? Be sure to use the template we provide. Stop the trace and see what the system was doing at the time of the trace. Let me know what you find in the trace.
I am also having the same exact issue.
I ran a trace, it shows it stopped running on the statement that selects from pjinvtxt where text_type = H
SELECT pjinvtxt.text_type, pjinvtxt.project, pjinvtxt.z_text
FROM SLApplication.dbo.PJINVTXT pjinvtxt WHERE pjinvtxt.text_type='H'
But I don't see anything wrong with the results...
H AFYAZZ103512 Contract Number - HHSS283200700051I Subcontract Number - SC-AFYA-2010-3302
H JOHNSH104501 Prime Award Number - U58DP002072 Subaward - 5U58DP002072-02
H NGBBUR105526 W9133L-10-P-0041
H STOFNC103817 Subaward No. WFUHS 32421
H UNIVCA103726 Subcontract #6129SC
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13