Our client has been avoiding the use of QQ for some proven queries that they suddenly lost confidence in this week. (They are trying to close the month)
After some deep inspection tryng to reproduce the problems they reported, I find that when QQ is in the new paging mode and a filter is added, what returns is not the expected results.
In our case the QQ returns 76,000 records with no filters. When we add a filter to return just one of the three companies, we still have 76,000 records. When we examine the company column, every one of the rows has the name of the filtered company in it as if the filter did it's job. However, there should only be 45,000 rows in the result.
Add to the fun by exporting this result set into Excel and 76,000 rows export.
I went into solomon.ini and removed the paging feature and set the Max records parameter to 100,000 and the QQ screen started returning the expected results. I suspect the new paging feature is the culprit here.
Has anyone else seen anything like this?
We do have a recent bug regarding the paging setting but it doesn't sound to be exactly related: "Quick Query Grid to Excel produces extra records with pagination on"
It sounds to me like you're seeing Quick Query bringing back all records and replacing the company ID with just one of 3 companies.
Which specific query are you running?
Adam LeonardTechnical Support Engineer
**This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
Yes, you describe exactly what happens. We discovered it on a custom QQ, but the view has GLTran at the center so I tested "Journal Transactions" and got the same results.
With further testing, I noticed that adding a second filter causes the result set to start returning the correct number of records.
For instance, "Journal Transactions" opens with 77,863 rows.
Add filter "Journal Type is AP" and hit TAB - 77,863 records and all of them have "AP in the JournalType column.
Add filter "Transaction Type is AD" - 500 records. Exactly what "select * from GLTran where JrnlType = 'AP' and TranType ='AD'" returns
Click the X on the second filter - 36,774 rows. Exactly what "select * from GLTran where JrnlType = 'AP'" returns.
Click the first X and readd the filter "Journal Type is AP" and hit TAB - 77,863 records and all of them have "AP in the JournalType column.
This is reproducable in both my test and my prod environments.
This is the solomon.ini section:
I'm unable to repro this issue. My QQVIE00.exe is version 8.01.30703.00 Every time I added/removed/re-added filters the row count updates properly.
I'm sorry for the late reply.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13