As a Dynamics 365 Solution Architect, I’ve done a ton of xRM projects. Using the good-old Dynamics CRM platform as a app-builder instead of using the Sales and Customer Service functionality in there. So you probably can’t imagine my enthusiasm when Microsoft brought us the PowerPlatform. It’s basically what I needed: a flexible platform to build business applications without Sales or Customer Service functionality. Thank you Microsoft!

Now that I’ve done the first couple of projects on the new PowerPlatform I’m totally happy. However, there is one feature from the Dynamics 365 platform that I really miss in almost every PowerApp: Server-Side Synchronization with the Outlook Add-In.

The ability to track e-mail is an ability that is needed in a lot of business scenario’s. Not only in Sales and Customer Service scenario’s. Currently it’s only available with the Sales and Customer Service apps. I encourage Microsoft to make it available in all PowerApp scenario’s. Please, Microsoft, give us the Outlook Add-In in PowerApps!

The loophole for now

So if you ran into the same issue and you’re looking for a solution to use the Outlook Add-In in a PowerApp, here’s what I do. For those users who need an Outlook Add-In, I provide them with an additional Team Member license on top of the PowerApp license. Please make sure to create a Dynamics 365 environment instead of a regular CDS environment. The regular CDS environment won’t contain the proper entities to use Server-Side Synchronization.

The post Please give us the Outlook Add-In in PowerApps appeared first on Dynamics365Blog by Marc Gerner.